Vegetarian Awareness Month (October)

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!
Last edited:
I know that meat production is literally killing us, but god damn I hope I die (preferably of old age) before I have to give up the bacon sandwiches.

i tend to eat vegetarian for dinner. you don't really need all that protein in your gut to feel full; it's more what your body gets used to. (probably would be fine, too, if i went all the way veg.) saves on the meat bill.

Just be aware that if you go vegan you'll almost certainly need to take B12 supplements, and most likely calcium supplements. I'm not sure how that's affected if you're veggie and still drink milk and eat cheese though.

Cheesecake...

Custard filled Doughnuts

tenor.gif

Just be aware that if you go vegan you'll almost certainly need to take B12 supplements, and most likely calcium supplements. I'm not sure how that's affected if you're veggie and still drink milk and eat cheese though.
Same for vegetarians and older people. A B12 deficiency takes a long time to create and can eventually cause serious life threatening situations. A situation that can, in most cases, easily be avoided.

I made an amazing veggie white sauce lasagne and none of you can have any because I ate it all. Well, wife and roommate ate, like, 1/3 each, but that last 1/3 was all me.
I miss that lasagne, I wish I'd made 1/3 more.

we need sustainable lasagne asap! \o/

I made an amazing veggie white sauce lasagne and none of you can have any because I ate it all. Well, wife and roommate ate, like, 1/3 each, but that last 1/3 was all me.
Last time I made beschamel sauce for lasagne, it was milk boiled with a bay leaf. Veggie but not vegan, but you didn't say it was vegan so that's fine.

Was it just beshamel sauce and lasagne sheets then, which cheese on top presumably?

Recipe please!

Start with a basic bechamel sauce recipe: half cup butter, half cup flour, cook for a couple minutes and stir until smooth, slowly add 1l of milk. Melt in a brick of cream cheese, crush an entire bulb of garlic into it, chop up a three or four cups of your preferred veggies (I used broccoli and cauliflower but carrot is also good), then cook on medium-low, constantly stirring, until it starts to thicken, about 10 minutes.
Then layer your lasagne: thin layer of sauce, noodles, sauce, noodles, sauce, noodles, sauce, cheese. Bake at 400f for 30 minutes.

Start with a basic bechamel sauce recipe: half cup butter, half cup flour, cook for a couple minutes and stir until smooth, slowly add 1l of milk. Melt in a brick of cream cheese, crush an entire bulb of garlic into it, chop up a three or four cups of your preferred veggies (I used broccoli and cauliflower but carrot is also good), then cook on medium-low, constantly stirring, until it starts to thicken, about 10 minutes.
Then layer your lasagne: thin layer of sauce, noodles, sauce, noodles, sauce, noodles, sauce, cheese. Bake at 400f for 30 minutes.
Ok, I hoped for a vegan version.
To be frank, I don't get vegetarianism at all. It's using results of the animal production system but shuns parts of it and as I understood it milk cows have an even worse life than meat cows.

Last edited:
Back