Vice V1.22

Yod4z

The Vice team has done an new version of this emulator for lot of Commodore computers

Changes in VICE 1.22:
* C128 changes
- Added 2 MHz mode support (experimental).
- The cursor keys are mapped differently in C64-mode now.
- Fixed C64-mode autostart support.

* VIC20 changes
- Improved the sound emulation where the 'volume change click' is
concerned, and normalized the audio output level.

* VIC-II
- The VIC-II border mode can be selected now (normal, full, debug).
- Some sprite fixes needed for Krestage 3 demo.

* Drive changes
- Improved drive LED emulation.

You can grab it here (when the archive.gp2x will be updated ;)) .

Great news...
Installed and tested... c64 Emulation still seem to pause when de resid sound engine is used even at 250mhz...
Anybody noticed changes?

TomVS said:
c64 Emulation still seem to pause when de resid sound engine is used even at 250mhz...
I was holding off to see if someone tested this: once again it's not worth the bother of downloading. Thank god for Frodo...

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't tried it yet, and I'm sorry to go on about it, but for me on the move with my GP2X, VICE is really very hard to use properly with the lack of a quick way to pause the emulation. The periodic slight updates we get to GP2X VICE are welcome, but if the next one could address this then I for one would be using it a great deal more on the train etc...

®

It's cool we've got an update to this, but I'd also like to see a port of an earlier VICE so we could have better compatibility than Frodo but at lower CPU speeds.

Although it recently died on me, I had a P150 laptop which could run 1.12 (or thereabouts) DOS VICE at full-whack with drive emulation, however, anything past that version and they obiously added something far more intensive to the emulation which meant my old lappy couldn't handle it any more...

Back