Rikku2000

images
VICE for CAANOO by RIKKU2000

This is an port of VICE C64 Emulator.

Thanks to: Pickle and VICE-Team

MIRROR:
VICE v2.2 by Rikku2000
VICE v2.2 by OpenHandhelds

Just the C64 component, or including the others (Vic 20, Plus, PET, etc?)

It always makes me sad when people only pick up on the C64 part.. no love for the Vic-20? :)

jeff

So.. no INI file, no Logos, no Title pic?

I've tried the following games, with various settings, and so far haven't been able to get past a title screen.....

Space Taxi
Sinbad
Realm of Impossibility
Project Firestart
LA Crackdown
Alice in Wonderland

800 MHZ Freezes up the Caanoo

Any recommended settings? So far Frodo appears to be superior...

Hope I'm just doing something wrong.

Okey i have fix the issus with 800Mhz now i will release it with next version i release...

@Outsiderjohnson all titles you told work for me...

Outsiderjohnson said:

I've tried the following games, with various settings, and so far haven't been able to get past a title screen.....

Space Taxi
Sinbad
Realm of Impossibility
Project Firestart
LA Crackdown
Alice in Wonderland

All those titles work for me as well. Once the overclocking is fixed this will be just about perfect plus we can run c16 games. As for the no ini and title pic that is probably because it is not a final version of the release and even if it was you should know how to create an ini file yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
qbertaddict said:
Outsiderjohnson said:

Space Taxi
Sinbad
Realm of Impossibility
Project Firestart
LA Crackdown
Alice in Wonderland

All those titles work for me as well. Once the overclocking is fixed this will be just about perfect plus we can run c16 games. As for the no ini and title pic that is probably because it is not a final version of the release and even if it was you should know how to create an ini file yourself.

What settings are you guys using? and I'm assuming you're using x64.gpe ??

Outsiderjohnson said:
qbertaddict said:
Outsiderjohnson said:

Space Taxi
Sinbad
Realm of Impossibility
Project Firestart
LA Crackdown
Alice in Wonderland

What settings are you guys using? and I'm assuming you're using x64.gpe ??
I use frameskip 1 and set the mhz to 750. The only issue I have is that it messes up the sound really really bad. Hopefully that will get fixed. Also remember that space which is used to pass through a lot of loading screens is not mapped so you need to press space via the on screen keyboard

I know it have some bug but my wiz died so i can not take it as reference...

Where do you put the emulator and the game files? If I have the folder on the main exploer page and not in the game folder, I am able to choose between the x64.gpe and other files, but it does not show up in the game folder. In any case, the emulator won't run at all.

mmielke said:
Where do you put the emulator and the game files? If I have the folder on the main exploer page and not in the game folder, I am able to choose between the x64.gpe and other files, but it does not show up in the game folder. In any case, the emulator won't run at all.

After downloading the file.

1. Create a new directory on your Caanoo (F: for me) under game called emu-c64

F:\game\emu-c64\

2. Copy the contents of the zip to it.

3. Create a directory called games

F:\game\emu-c64\games\

4. copy your disk images (.d64) and/or snapshot files (.vsf) to the games dir.

5. copy one of your existing emu files and rename it emu-c64.ini - modify the contents to read:

[info]
name="Emu - C64 - VICE 2.2"
path="/emu-c64/x64.gpe"
icon="/emu-c64/icon.png"
title="/emu-c64/title.png"

Save the file.

{optional]Create one for each emulator, referencing a different .gpe file.[/optional]

icon.png and title.png don't exist yet but they will come :)

Once the sync is finished you should now have an "Emu - C64 - VICE 2.2" in your Games list.

8. Run it and press the II button to open the menu. Select Autostart image from the menu, browse to the games folder and choose a game.

Enjoy.

I've managed to get the c64 emulator working, but Little Computer People, Alter Ego, and Elite won't load. Those are the only games I wish to play at the moment.

so, when can we expect a new version that fixes the sound and slow emulation ?

Pickle said:
spn-x said:

when are you going to by a faster handheld?

I also have a Dingoo A320 .. and Vice runs muuuch faster on that then the caanoo.

spn-x said:
Pickle said:
spn-x said:

I also have a Dingoo A320 .. and Vice runs muuuch faster on that then the caanoo.

Are you sure your using the same settings?
Vice in general is slow since it aims to be an accurate emulator, no one here is really going to try and make it faster, even if it could be anyways.

Pickle said:
spn-x said:
Pickle said:
spn-x said:

Are you sure your using the same settings?
Vice in general is slow since it aims to be an accurate emulator, no one here is really going to try and make it faster, even if it could be anyways.

now i have a real problem : i deleted all the files and downloaded vice again. now when i select it on my caanoo it takes me right back into the main menu ( it does not start ) . The ini files is 100% correct.. so sb knows how to fix this ?

edit.: now more emulators won't launch... any idea ?

edit.: for some reason i slided the "lock" thing on my sd.. now it works again...

BUT: for almost every game I select it says : SEARCHING FOR* next line : LOADING ... and nothing happens.
+ all the buttons do not work correctly. i have to press them 5-10 times and then they work ( virtual keyboard, menu )

qbertaddict said:
Vice v2.2 runs excellent on the dingoo and im sure it will on the caanoo too. We just need to be patient

What do you guys think your waiting for? Someone compiled 2.2 on the dingoo just like it has been compiled for the caanoo and wiz. They are both basically running the same software, the only difference is the hardware and settings. For example true drive emulation can suck the life out of the emu, make sure the settings are the same.

Pickle said:
qbertaddict said:
Vice v2.2 runs excellent on the dingoo and im sure it will on the caanoo too. We just need to be patient

What do you guys think your waiting for? Someone compiled 2.2 on the dingoo just like it has been compiled for the caanoo and wiz. They are both basically running the same software, the only difference is the hardware and settings. For example true drive emulation can suck the life out of the emu, make sure the settings are the same.
We are waiting for an optimized version that overclocks correctly and has accurate frameskip and does not have messed up high pitched sound. The dingoo version does not even need to be overclocked and runs everything with true drive emulation on or off. Tvout works on the dingoo and it has an official build for it as well. That is what I am waiting for.

Back