Video Help Needed!

Funghi79

Still Fresh
Using AVI ReComp 1.5.2 I have re-encoded an AVI file down to a resolution of 320*200 but my Caanoo is saying its an invalid file (as it did with the original AVI).

Any idea's where I am going wrong? Apologies if its something simple, I am relatively inexperienced from a technical point of view.

AVI is a container file, this means, inside the AVI is a video file, that is encoded with a certain codec (DivX, h264, etc.), your AVI is encoded with a codec, that isn't supported by the Caanoo firmware. Acoording to the Wikipedia entry, the Caanoo supports the following video codecs:DivX, Xvid and MP4.

You can also use 320x240 to get the full resolution out of that little screen.

check out http://www.videohelp.com for a suitable conversion tool (SUPER comes to my mind). searching for "avi to divx" or stuff like that will mostly find sites where you download software fully loaded with stuff u usually DONT want on your computer ...

happend once and only once to me when i was looking for an mp3 to ogg converter ... got some nice little toolbar that popped up sh*t all the time. installed a service that was bugging and whatnot. to take care :)

Back