Video Not Working After Firmware Update.

Alpha eX

Still Fresh
So basically I updated to the new firmware and now the video playback don't work.
Whatever video I load the audio plays but the video is just a still image of what I can describe as some kind of pink/green tv fuzz but it shows nothing in the video.

Any ideas what to do, these videos worked fine before.

Alpha eX posted on Feb 22 2006 at 11:11 AM said:
So basically I updated to the new firmware and now the video playback don't work.
Whatever video I load the audio plays but the video is just a still image of what I can describe as some kind of pink/green tv fuzz but it shows nothing in the video.

Any ideas what to do, these videos worked fine before.

try (re)installing the patch. That means put the other 2 files (not the img) into the root (not in any folder) of the SD card and run the .gpu from the utilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheer's Shikaku i'll give that a try now.

EDIT: Just redone the patch but the problem still seems to be there, I just turned the device off and going to try it again... Awww crap, didn't work :(

Any other ideas, the audio works fine but I get no image from the video just a pink mess.

you need to ensure that the firmware has been patched then patch the movie player. if you do one and not the other it leads to messed up video playback.

Someone on here had a patcher to revert the movie player back to an old version which should fix the problem until you figure out why the patching isn't being done

I only ran the one file from the utility menu and then tried it, is there two patches I have to apply?

PokeParadox posted on Feb 22 2006 at 04:56 PM said:
The other "patch" gets applied automatically when you put it on your SD card.
Although on some cards it doesn't work (mine). You need Rob's updater to flash the kernal.
Ah so that must be the problem, my card.
So where can I get this updater and are there any risks?

Thanks for the help so far guys.

Sorry to double post but can someone try and help me with updating my GP2X, I can only find an updater for version 2 not 4.

This is quite stressful, all I want to do is update the thing and watch videos on it again.

(naw)mcx posted on Feb 22 2006 at 05:45 PM said:
www.gp2x.com/firmware
Thanks for your useful and explanative post, tho the link directs to a Korean page cannot be found. If you ment the firmware section from this site, that is the first place I looked, i'm not that stupid, like I said, all I can find on there other than the firmware is an alternative updater for version 1.2. I need an alternative updater for 1.4.

Back