Video Player Weirdness After Firmware Upgrade

MiniMoose

Yesterday I bought a PSU and tried to update the firmware on my GP2X. I downloaded the 1.1.0 firmware, formatted my flash card to be FAT32 following the instructions on the wiki, copied the kernel .img file to the root, popped it in and rebooted.

I didn't see the firmware updated splash screen, but after it finished booting, the info app listed the version as 1.1.0 and the kernel .img file was deleted from the card. I assumed it was flashed correctly but the battery light is still on all the time and the screen still flickers a bit (both things are claimed to be fixed in the latest firmware).

I then copied over the patch .gpu and the other files to the SD card, popped it in and ran the patch .gpu from the utilities menu. The screen went black and then the main menu came back.

After completing both "upgrades" I am now unable to playback movies. I get the loading message but then the screen gets a bunch of random garbage and only the audio plays.

Either something is wrong with the latest firmware or either the kernel or the apps weren't updated correctly. Does anybody have any ideas?

BTW, the unit is not bricked, it still boots fine and can run emulators just fine.

Back