"View New Content" .. Doesnt' quite work right.

ibisum

On the old board, I could use "View New Content" as a sort of Inbox for new activity .. but on the new board, this isn't really feasible because it doesn't show me new content since I last logged in/checked "Mark board read", but instead just shows me the last 24 hours of news.

This sort of sucks.

Any way we can get this fixed, ED/Craigix?

I have always hated the other one, it makes me click "new content" multiple times to show anything. And I have to be logged in to see the latest items. Now the info is just always there, I prefer it this way.

Edit: LSD squid o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably want "Show me all the content that I have not read", this is something you can change in the General Settings of your profile.

I would prefer that it displays every thread I haven't read yet.

I hate it that it displays also threads I've already read.

Edit: Haven't seen ED's post before I posted...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ED, that fixes it .. much better now! :)

I just checked: Was the same on the old boards as default, too.

Probably wasn't like that for you since you had a user when IPB 2.x was still working here?

Yeah, I think I never saw this option, ever, on the old boards. Anyway, glad to get it sorted, makes it very easy to take my old habits of hitting "View New Content" 20 times a day from the old board to this new one ..

Thanks for making me learn about this option. It's much more comfortable than going thread by thread :lol:

Back