Vinpok Split - Best On-the-go Touch Screen Monitor

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
What do you think about this ?

I wasn't searching for a monitor, but stepped on this, and could be useful indeed something that you can put away when you don't need it... it also has touchscreen

Looks pretty cool. I have an external screen with hdmi/vga inputs made by GeChic which I bought in 2015. That thing is superflat, comes with a screencover that also acts as a stand, but it only has 720p and a very lightbleedy backlight. Also the colors are terribly washed out, but I used it a lot on the go for VJing as a preview monitor anyway or for doing other work. The GeChic is not built very sturdily which I also didn't like much, then again it's so flat that I can easily cram it into my laptop sleeve together with the laptop.

A decent external screen that is flat enough to carry around is awesome. There aren't many products like this that actually support hdmi, most I've seen were usb displays which is worthless IMHO. The early bird price is also unbeatable. Hopefully the panels are as good as they promise.

this is a knock off of a concept laptop from Razer project Valerie

first video Jan 5th 2017

the idea is insane and totally stupid. it would have to be AC powered all the time..

I went looking for the power consumption of a what is this, 17" display, and assuming it's tuned to be slightly more efficient than the public data for static TV's designed to run off a mains supply, they should be able to get it running at under 10W fairly easily. 10W can easily be supplied over even a shoddy old USB2.1 based connection at 5V (2 amps), although hanging two of them from a laptop with a piddly little power brick might overload something; looking at the output of the power brick running this computer it's rated as 34W out, up to 20W could easily be half of the power budget.

That looks like exactly what I need.

Do you know whether it's proprietary software or whether it'll work with Linux?

I can't check it right now, but I think it said it'd run over HDMI or displayport out of USB-C. Both of those will probably work under linux, then there's extending your display to cover two horizontally adjacent screens, which is functionality that probably predates even HDMI (I used to run two monitors like that over VGA at the last place I worked at). I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work out of the box.

I can't check it right now, but I think it said it'd run over HDMI or displayport out of USB-C. Both of those will probably work under linux, then there's extending your display to cover two horizontally adjacent screens, which is functionality that probably predates even HDMI (I used to run two monitors like that over VGA at the last place I worked at). I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work out of the box.

Because of the touchscreen driver. It's essential for me.
But some websites mention Linux support if you google it.

Back