Virtual Boy emulator?

Blue Protoman

Please don't flame the Virtual Boy for supposedly sucking; I've never had eye issues with it, and I can name drop a list of good games if you'd like me to.

Any chances of a Virtual Boy emulator for Pandora? Perhaps the 3D can be done with traditional glasses, or you can opt to only look at one side at a time. There are four decent ones, all with the source code available. I'll post links here, from best support to worst (all are open source);

Mednafen. Actually a multi-system emulator, but Virtual Boy support is really good. 100%, according to Planet Virtual Boy. Other platforms supported that aren't emulated on the Pandora include the PC-FX, Wonderswan/Color, and SuperGrafx.

Reality Boy. 86% of commercial games run well in it.

Red Dragon. This one's 82%.

Anything to say regarding this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here goes. This list is off the top of my head, by the way;

• Mario Clash
  • Mario's Tennis
  • Galactic Pinball
  • Red Alarm
  • Golf
  • Virtual Boy Wario Land
  • Vertical Force
  • Red Alarm
  • 3D Tetris
  • V-Tetris
  • Jack Bros.
  • Bound High (unreleased game, source code was released and compiled a while back)
  • Virtual League Baseball
  • Nester's Funky Bowling
  • Panic Bomber

Close. I know of a few other games. I just named GOOD games.

The Virtual Boy is known for its extremely high good-bad game ratio.

I believe Mednafen was the one I used on my PC. I had a pair of the red/green 3d glasses and once I put it into that mode it seemed to work fine. I hope that get's ported someday. Hey even if it's not peoples favorite system, there's never too many emulators to have on any system.

I own a couple of Virtualboys (getting one out for comedy effect when everyone was here).

When you use it it does sort of still feel like you're using some future technology, like VR should have happened.

If it had been a success can you imagine how different things would be now?

Teleroboxer. If the visor had force feedback (and a strap), it would have been awesome.

I own a couple of Virtualboys (getting one out for comedy effect when everyone was here).

When you use it it does sort of still feel like you're using some future technology, like VR should have happened.

If it had been a success can you imagine how different things would be now?

tron_user.jpg

?

Come on Blue Protoman, I set the gag up for you, where is tron2 screen?
Is that the same or different from Tron: Legacy? PS, picked up the soundtrack for $2.50. It's pretty amazing. Makes me wish I saw the movie.

Back