Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snakes & Ladders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
Was digging through my dev folder as I havent got anything to work on and realised I have a few unfinished GP32 programs. So I thought it would be cool to let people vote on what project I should finish over the next few days and release. Here are the projects to vote on:

Bingo
This is basically a Bingo caller and also has a single player mode against two CPU opponents. This project is about 80% finished and has speech for all the numbers and the names, i.e. Clickety Click, 66, Two Fat Ladies, 88 etc. Probably something to keep your missus happy for a while :) Link to WIP screenshot here.

Snap
One (against CPU) or Two player card game in which cards are dealt on the table and you call SNAP if the previous and current card delt match. This project is about 60% finished, needs CPU AI and general tarting up. Link to WIP screenshot here.

Higher Or Lower
Based on Play Your Cards Right, you have to bet your money if the next card is higher or lower than the current card. PSP owners may have already played this game as I quickly ported and finished the game for the GBAX 2005 coding competition. Its about 90% finished, just needs some menus and highscores and stuff. Link to WIP screenshot here.

Snakes & Ladders
Kiddies board game of Snakes & Ladders (called different outside UK). Its about 50% finished and needs quite a bit of work but should be cool when finished. Link to WIP screenshot here.

I say Bingo..

Of course I may be biased since I did the artwork for it :p

Plus Bingo has voices. There aren't too many GP32 games that talk :)

Will only one be finished?

Guyfawkes posted on Sep 12 2005 at 03:19 PM said:
Not sure if i will finish more than one, depends on how much time i have after finishing whatever gets the most votes.
Well if you could finish Higher or lower and something else, that would be cool. As it is 90% complete it says, so shouldn't take that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to vote Snap cause that's a game from my childhood that I'd enjoy but I have to admit Bingo looks very nice also.

DaveC posted on Sep 12 2005 at 03:06 PM said:
I say Bingo..
Of course I may be biased since I did the artwork for it :p
Wow, really nice DaveC I would like to see this completed. I like games that look and feel complete and good artwork is a very important part (for me).

Plus: it has voices. There aren't too many GP32 games that talk ;)

raven posted on Sep 12 2005 at 03:26 PM said:
DaveC posted on Sep 12 2005 at 03:06 PM said:
I say Bingo..
Of course I may be biased since I did the artwork for it  :p
Wow, really nice DaveC I would like to see this completed. I like games that look and feel complete and good artwork is a very important part (for me).

Plus: it has voices. There aren't too many GP32 games that talk ;)

Well thanks, Moving up ...

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 12 2005 at 02:59 PM said:
I voted Snakes and Ladders as it sounds it may have better gameplay.

eh? Snakes & Ladders has no gameplay as it is purely a game of chance in which you cannot affect the outcome. I voted Higher or Lower but it is trailing miserably.

WhizzBang posted on Sep 12 2005 at 07:20 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 12 2005 at 02:59 PM said:
I voted Snakes and Ladders as it sounds it may have better gameplay.

eh? Snakes & Ladders has no gameplay as it is purely a game of chance in which you cannot affect the outcome. I voted Higher or Lower but it is trailing miserably.

Yawn :p

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 12 2005 at 08:27 PM said:
On Higher or Lower, if you play your cards right and win more than 3 times, do you get a Brucey Bonus :lol: ?
I voted "Higher or Lower", just cos it sounds easy to play, and nothing that I wouldn't have to put lots of effort into playing.
Also it is 90% done, so would not be too difficult to finish.

damn this is a tough decision. They all look great! (graphics on bingo look especially good). Bingo looks really good, but i don't think I would ever actually play it. The others look good too but i'm not sure how much fun they would be to play. I guess I will vote for bingo because it looks nicer.

BTW, I think that there's a game in the US called chutes and ladders, maybe its the same thing....

Back