• Puzzletube

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
The time has finally come: The voting for the DragonBox Coding Competition Entries starts NOW!

Every member from this board has the possibility to vote for his favourite three entries.

The first vote is worth 3 points, the 2nd vote is worth 2 points and the 3rd one 1 point.

You will have time to vote until March 2nd, 11:59pm, CET.

After the voting is over, all points will be added together for each entry and we'll have winners voted by the community.

At the same time, a jury will also judge on the entries.

The weight between the jury and community votes in the end will be 40:60.

The jury consists of:

EvilDragon, notaz, skeezix, WizardStan, Link and Prometheus (yes, really!)

Please don't try to cheat - we can easily find that out, as we're logging all IPs and are especially looking for a lot of new members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rofl two votes for EvalMaster as n°1 :D .

Dudes, i'll prefer those votes to go to SOLEIL, which is monthes of work instead of a few hours.

I'd never imagined to get one vote there as i don't even plan to vote for myself :D . It was only a past time while i was generating Slack rootfs on SD cards...

---EDIT: BTW, this category is imho the hardest to vote for...

1. AquaVenture iprice Forumthread
  2. Chav Fighter  Not in repo, but mediafire hosted pnd available (only for android) Slenkar Forumthread
  3. EarthInvasion Zip, mcobit, Farox Forumthread
  4. EfC - Escape from Castle  Not in repo, but dragonbox hosted.pnd available Thomas Seban Forumthread
  5. EvalMaster Linux-SWAT Forumthread
  6. Frootopia iprice Forumthread
  7. HexGEM Mathieu PEPONAS Forumthread
  8. Muon Slaeshjag Forumthread
  9. Number Mind Yoshi Forumthread
  10. Pandora Microbes! Jon Sneyers (wb) Forumthread Design Levels
  11. Puzzletube Ziz Forumthread You can help translate this game, check forumthread dutch, english, german, italian and norwegian added. If you speak a language not on the list, please translate.
Check out the release thread for screenshots and info.

ztunnel seems to not be on the list, but has Forumthread

P01: Trigger happy seems to not be on the list, but has Forumthread

Perhaps it would also be useful to add information about the license under which the entries are released. Is the source available? Is redistribution allowed? Modification? Forking? Porting?

This information is not so easy to find for all entries, so it would be nice to have an overview. Here's my first attempt: (I'll edit this post when I find more information)

1. AquaVenture: Source available, Redistribution allowed, Modification not allowed, Forking not allowed, Porting not allowed without approval ("NOT OpenSource")

2. Chav Fighter: unknown

3. EarthInvasion: Source available, Redistribution not allowed ("please ask"), rest unknown ("OpenSource")

4. EfC - Escape from Castle: Source available, Redistribution allowed, Modification allowed, Forking allowed, Porting allowed ("MPL1.1")

5. EvalMaster: Source available, Redistribution allowed, Modification allowed, Forking allowed, Porting allowed ("GPLv3")

6. Frootopia: Source available, Redistribution allowed, Modification not allowed, Forking not allowed, Porting not allowed without approval ("NOT OpenSource")

7. HexGEM: Source available, Redistribution allowed, Modification allowed, Forking allowed, Porting allowed ("GPLv3")

8. Muon: Source available, Redistribution allowed, Modification allowed, Forking allowed, Porting allowed ("GPLv3")

9. Number Mind: Source available, Redistribution allowed, Modification allowed, Forking allowed, Porting allowed ("GPLv3")

10. Pandora Microbes: Source available, Redistribution allowed, Modification allowed, Forking allowed, Porting allowed ("GPLv3")

11. Puzzletube: Source available, Redistribution allowed, Modification allowed, Forking allowed, Porting allowed ("GPLv2+ / MPL1.1")

AquaVenture and Frootopia ARE BOTH redistributable. Frootopia states this clearly in the ReadMe. Admittedly, the ReadMe on AquaVenture is a bit messed up due to the source included reference. I will change this. Thanks for pointing this out.

Obviously both are redistributable as I have placed them as such on the Repo and placed links on this site (and others) to ALL versions available for ALL machines. The source remains included in all versions.

Thanks for the clarification - fixed it. So both the source and the binaries are redistributable, right?

Yep, but only if done non-commercially :)

Ports (of both) require my approval, but they are not disallowed.

Hard to make a choice in this category!

I found 5 games, that I really like and I can only vote for 3 of them :( !

At least, I am sure which one to put first.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back