Release VVVVVV - official full version

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
OK so Terry gave a go to package and publish this too:

vvvvvv_pvw2.png

VVVVVV - a 2D puzzle platform video game designed by Terry Cavanagh and scored by Magnus Pålsson.

In VVVVVV, the player controls Captain Viridian, who is lost in an alternate dimension, in search of the missing members of the spaceship's crew. Instead of jumping, the player is able to control the direction of gravity, allowing Captain Viridian to flip between the floors and ceilings of the environment. The graphical style of VVVVVV is heavily influenced by the Commodore 64; similarly, the game's music is entirely chiptune.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=vvvvvv.full

The price is the same as other versions - $4.99

This time I was given the source and took my time to polish the pandora port a bit:

• Fixed default config to not use slow scaling.
  • Optimized locations with slowdowns, for example the elephant room slowdown should be gone now.
  • Added fullscreen mode.
  • Optimized "analogue mode" effect (fullspeed now).
  • Removed menu options that aren't functional/useful on pandora.
  • Adjusted timing to be fully in sync with pandora's LCD
I'll pass the source back to Pickle so he can update his version too.

Just bought :D ...i really enjoy this game and hope Mr. Cavanagh continues to provide great packages like this.

Last edited:
I'll pick this up when I get paid. Already own it on steam and have the needed files on Pandora but paying to support devs and for those new optimizations.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Does this version of the game allow you to play the game at full frame rate without blurring the pixels?

Sorry if I'm not describing it well enough, but the current version has blurry pixels. If you want to run the game cleanly scaled so the pixels are sharp (can see all those nice little squares) the FPS is very slow.

I'd love to buy if the image looks as clean as it does up there at the top :)

Woot, analog effect fullspeed now?

I'm going to buy it again now, just to show support :)

Has performance improved ? If I can remember correctly the version before ( where we had to put the data files ourselfs into the app ) ran not 100%. In other words do I have to overclock a lot to be able to play it smoothly ( I have a CC Pandora ) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has performance improved ? If I can remember correctly the version before ( where we had to put the data files ourselfs into the app ) ran not 100%. In other words do I have to overclock a lot to be able to play it smoothly ( I have a CC Pandora ) ?
Before you had to turn the resolution down for it to work full speed. It worked full speed then.

Does this version of the game allow you to play the game at full frame rate without blurring the pixels?

Sorry if I'm not describing it well enough, but the current version has blurry pixels. If you want to run the game cleanly scaled so the pixels are sharp (can see all those nice little squares) the FPS is very slow.

I'd love to buy if the image looks as clean as it does up there at the top :)
It looks great to me. ;)

Before you had to turn the resolution down for it to work full speed. It worked full speed then.
Yes for me it has improved and I too had the previous version. ;)

Like the older version, it uses global system filter setting. Go to Settings -> LCD-Settings -> Select current/default filter to change that.

Purchased, even though I've finished the main game already in my Pandora, gotta support these kind of endeavours I think :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Ah, very nice. I have the other Version where the Data Files are not included. I hope these will also be updated soon so I can use the Data files from my Humble Indie Bundle version of the game like before. :)

I never picked up the older version, will buy this too.

Ah, very nice. I have the other Version where the Data Files are not included. I hope these will also be updated soon so I can use the Data files from my Humble Indie Bundle version of the game like before. :)
It will i just need some time to package it up
Thanks for your effort. :) Take your time, it's not that urgent, at least not for me at the moment. ^^""

Wow, though I do own the Humble Indie version, I was to lazy to extract the data files. Native version is much more convenient. Will buy this later this week.

VVVVVV - a 2D puzzle platform video game designed by Terry Cavanagh and scored by Magnus Pålsson.

In VVVVVV, the player controls Captain Viridian, who is lost in an alternate dimension, in search of the missing members of the spaceship's crew. Instead of jumping, the player is able to control the direction of gravity, allowing Captain Viridian to flip between the floors and ceilings of the environment. The graphical style of VVVVVV is heavily influenced by the Commodore 64; similarly, the game's music is entirely chiptune.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=vvvvvv.full

The price is the same as other versions - $4.99
I'm confused.

I thought the POINT of Pandora was free stuff.  Why is stuff you have to pay for being put on Repo?  Just totally curious.

Back