Wad Merger

Horscht

Banned?
Website
Visit site
HI,

I just downloaded an Army of Darkness wad and would like to play it on my GP. The problem is, the wad is actually "splitted" into several wads. One containing sounds, one containing levels etc... Can someone name me a tool to merge these wads into one?

thanks in advance.

well i've been using it to merge a number of drumaster pwads to the main doom2 wad as it sometimes shaves off the odd megabyte and makes for easier file management, not sure about multiple wad per game things though!

spray posted on Jul 19 2004 at 08:01 PM said:
well i've been using it to merge a number of drumaster pwads to the main doom2 wad as it sometimes shaves off the odd megabyte and makes for easier file management, not sure about multiple wad per game things though!
Why the hell did you merge my PWADS with the main DOOM2.WAD?! :blink:

If you do that, you'll be able to put only ONE WAD on your SMC. :rolleyes:

If you don't merge them you'll be able to put as many PWADS as your SMC allows you to, isn't it better? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Drumaster posted on Jul 19 2004 at 10:40 PM said:
spray posted on Jul 19 2004 at 08:01 PM said:
Why the hell did you merge my PWADS with the main DOOM2.WAD?! :blink:

If you do that, you'll be able to put only ONE WAD on your SMC. :rolleyes:

If you don't merge them you'll be able to put as many PWADS as your SMC allows you to, isn't it better? ;)
Way to be friendly, Drumaster. Why the HELL don't you ditch your hate hat for awhile, huh? Methinks this ongoing war you've been having with Craig has soured you too much.

ColinR posted on Jul 20 2004 at 12:35 AM said:
Smilies obviously mean nothing to you, Tel... :rolleyes: :D :p
Sorry. I've got my balls twisted about something else.

allright, i merged the AoD wads into the DOOM2.WAD.

Now, how can I make a PWAD out of it?

EDIT: OK, i found a tool, that SUCCESFULLY merges PWADS (Wintex didn´t do ANYTHING except merging PWADS with an IWAD), called XWE. When I boot up DOOM2 with the AoD PWAD, i can see the title screen of AoD. But when i try to start a Game, i get the following error (i got boot mesages ON):

IErr:W_CacheLumpNum: -9237811 >=numlump
Shutting down

anyone can help me with that please?

Drummaster, perhaps you can help me.

EDIT: Allright, TC is GPfied, it works good now. For everyone with a similar problem: get Wintex and DeuSF. Merge all those PWADS into the DOOM/DOOM2 IWAD. If you would rather have the MOD as an PWAD, get DOOM builder, open the merged wad, select one map, and save it. All other maps are saved, too, so nothing more to do.

Back