Waiter, Theres A Hair In My Gp2x!

S

sausage dog

I applied the protective screen perfectly so there were no hairs in there, and now I find that some have found their way inside. I have no idea how as the screen was perfectly applied. I have also had the device for over a month with no hairs inside.

So..........

How do I remove the protective screen with out screwing it up. I mean, once it has been removed, will I be able to stick it down again, or will I need to get some more glue.

I am sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem.

Shhh... everyone will want one! :D

That protector seems to be pretty hard to remove (in one piece anyway), so your only option might be to take the unit apart and get to it from the other side...

My screen is held down from the inside by some sort of sticky something. So I don't know how much easier it would be to get from the inside...I tried to, and was afraid I'd crack my screen if i pryed at it any harder than i was...

Well, I got a hair in there, noticed about half a minute after installation... Pryed it open with a needle, and took the hair of. There a small spot of the glue stuff on the screen now, but it's just above the actual screen, so no biggie. There are few scratches on the case, though.

yeah, I managed to get the screen cover on with NO dust underneath, and was feeling mighty pleased with myself.

I always keep it in the plastic bag thingy that it came wrapped in, and yet after a few weeks, Ive suddenly noticed... there's DUST under the cover.
how the *&%$ did that get there? :angry:

so anyway, its not too bad. I don't really feel inclined to rip my gp2x apart to get at it. it might never go back together again properly :rolleyes:

Had the same thing happening. I put on the screen protector in my bath room taking great care to avoid any dust. There was no visisible dust after I had finished. But a few days ago I noticed that there's suddenly dust there and even what looks like a very small red hair :blink:

Had the same thing happening. I put on the screen protector in my bath room taking great care to avoid any dust. There was no visisible dust after I had finished. But a few days ago I noticed that there's suddenly dust there and even what looks like a very small red hair :blink:

Yeah, what they said.

I even left mine on so I could see any dust, and lo and behold, dust under the screen window.

I am starting to think the screen isn't sealed.

We might be getting stuff coming in through the SD slot. :huh:

Eolair, I hope you have red hair :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, it seems to me that the provided screen protector is pretty bad since it can't be easily removed? Perhaps using screen protecters intended for palmtops or other consoles might be better? Ones using a light adhesive (So it can be removed and replaced easily)? It's just a slip of thin plastic right? Or is this one something more than that?

(Wow, so many question marks ;))

i have a big piece of dust in mine, which appears randomly ;)
i just take something made of whool (a shirt or whatever) and just rub it over the screen in one direction several times.
by electrostatic effects, it dissapears to the invisible parts under the screen for some days...

Yeah, what they said.

I even left mine on so I could see any dust, and lo and behold, dust under the screen window.

I am starting to think the screen isn't sealed.

We might be getting stuff coming in through the SD slot. :huh:

Eolair, I hope you have red hair :lol:

Heh, no I don't. It's bright red and looks to be syntethic. Luckily it's mostly off the visible part of the screen.

The only way to get them out is to take apart the unit. I just did this, and a word of warning:

Be careful using canned air; any liquid on the screen protector will look bad :lol:

Hmmm, hair eh? I think your GP2X has been cheating on you.

Oh, and let's not start blowing on the sd card slot, that just brings back too many bad NES memories :p

Hmm, it seems to me that the provided screen protector is pretty bad since it can't be easily removed? Perhaps using screen protecters intended for palmtops or other consoles might be better? Ones using a light adhesive (So it can be removed and replaced easily)? It's just a slip of thin plastic right? Or is this one something more than that?

(Wow, so many question marks ;))
Actually, its not one of those foil screen protectors, but a panel of plexiglass

Back