Want to explain what the Pyra is?

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
... I made some really really quick overview videos.
They're short and won't be able to cover everything, but I think the most important parts have been taken care of.

Feel free to share!

English version:

German version:

... I made some really really quick overview videos.
They're short and won't be able to cover everything, but I think the most important parts have been taken care of.

Nice! small correction:

In the german version, a word is missing:
Das Gehäuse des finalen Gerätes wird nicht transparent und von höherer Qualität sein als beim gezeigten Prototyp.

Those are great! Very informative on the short time.

edit: that response time on drawing with gimp just blows my mind...just...gah

Last edited:
The video is great... it's catchy and not too long.
I personally would have added the list of spec (or a small sideshow) at the end. I guess people can check the website for this though.

It's nice to hear you can use it as a desktop with external screen, but it would be more awesome to actually see it in the video. But I guess that's not your last video :)

Just postet this in a german Nintendo Board, lets see what it dit there..
It ditnt explain whyle you should need a Pyra, but what a Pyra is..

I like it as an introduction video.
Hopefully we'll see many other vudeos covering different use cases and features in the same youtube channel.

Mind-boggling mental ninjaing. Yes!

(edit: on https://www.dragonbox.de/en/45-pyra )

So for the people who don't (or cant) watch the video. Instead of "successor to the pandora" and then "successor to the pandora" again, start out with:

"The Dragonbox Pyra, a hackable secure pocket handheld cellular game laptop, made in fairness, for and by the community."

Last edited:
Aww, that "innovative device" music... It's the first time I see it on a good device overview!

Edit : Just posted an explaining thread on a forum.

Last edited:
Nice video and I still love the picture of the active LEDs in the transparent case - funky.
Although I'm German myself, it's so strange to hear Michael talk in his native tongue, always sounds a lot more harsh. German is great for selling weapons, I guess. :D

The music was something entirely different than I expected, I'd have thought no music or a little chiptune in the background, strange to hear this kind of "this will change the world"-music in relation to an actually real and good product.

Great video Michael. Good use of time to quickly cover many features without becoming a boring enumeration.

ED, you need a link to the pre-order page in the video descriptions. You mention something of a card, nothing shows for me.

Good video , liked it

Not sure what you were trying to say there?

What I was referring to , is that the youtube video description has no link to the pre-order page (or any page). It's shown in the video, but no link in the description

This is the current Youtube description in it's entirety:

"A quick summary what the Pyra is about. It's impossible showing off all possibilities within such a short time, but I think we summarized some of the most important features.

The device is currently being crowdfunded on our own website. Come and visit us!"

To answer the question in the title: No.

That is why this video is great. I can
direct people to that, then answer questions they have.

Although I'm German myself, it's so strange to hear Michael talk in his native tongue, always sounds a lot more harsh.
I dunno about that. I listen to a lot of music with German vocals (sounds harsh) and watch the occasional German film, and ED made it feel like putting on a warm jacket...with a Pyra in the pocket. I don't know much German, and for some reason I felt like I picked up on even less than I normally do (almost nothing).

Back