Warcraft 2 Possible Again?

Sonic-NKT

Wargus is out...
its the based on the freecraft project, but its only the engine for playing with your original warcraft 2 files...
http://wargus.sourceforge.net/
you can get it here...
perhaps its possible to port..
lets see

the requierments in the readme are:
# Processor: A 133 MHz CPU (faster recommended).
NOTE: Stratagus is believed to be endian and word size safe, so other architectures like (big endian) PPC or (64bit) Alpha should also work at least with Linux.

# Memory: 16 MB of RAM (32 MB for mp3/ogg support).

# Video Card: Any graphics card that can handle 8 bpp and 640x480 is supported.

# Sound Card: Optional. Windows (for Win32) or SDL (for unix or Mac OS X) compatible sound cards are supported.

so we will have problems with ram and graphics since its made for 16 mb ram and 640x480 grafics .. but i should be possible to scale everything down and run it in 320x240.. but im not 100% sure..
this would be a awesome release for the gp32 :)

As the picture is only 1/4 the size of the normal system, it should be possible to compress the sprites of the buildings etc., so that it could be executed on 8mb Ram.
But where are the developers who would/could port this?

hmm.. i just got the freecraft engine a couple weeks ago and was thinkin bout this type of stuff
glad someone beat me to it , mine would have sucked

~Octavious

This could be really cool, the nearest thing iv'e played to warcraft on the GP is warlocked on the Gameboy colour. (give it a go, it's pretty good for a GBC game)

Back