Warranty

ttcircus

Still Fresh
Does anyone know about the warranty? Is there gonna be a year warranty with the pandora? or two?

ttcircus said:
Does anyone know about the warranty? Is there gonna be a year warranty with the pandora? or two?

I have the same question. I remember I read a thread said one year is compulsory required by
law, but Im not sure about this.

Since we talk about warranty, why not have a discussion about the quality issue,
my concern is how durable those pad and Analog nub will be?

:pandora1: :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is indeed one year, but fear not as we will allow you to buy any spare parts you might need in the future too.

craigix said:
It is indeed one year, but fear not as we will allow you to buy any spare parts you might need in the future too.

that sounds pretty awesome. I wonder how hard it is to replace the analog nubs :ph34r:

craigix said:
Are analogue nubs known for breaking on other devices?

They break on 360 controllers but they move a lot more :p

Kekerot said:
Why is it that everything related to the xbox 360 breaks frequently? I wouldn't worry tho because almost anyone can manufacture better hardware then Microsoft.

TeaJunky said:
Why is it that everything related to the xbox 360 breaks frequently? I wouldn't worry tho because almost anyone can manufacture better hardware then Microsoft.

Probably only due to the fact that they give the business to the lowest bidder (which usually ends up being a company in Elbonia ;)) and want it done as fast as possible, ignoring manufacturing issues.

Kekerot said:
craigix said:

Those are analog sticks. Analog nubs work a lot different. However, PSP analog nubs have been known to break. I don't know how often, tho'.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Kekerot said:
craigix said:

Those are analog sticks. Analog nubs work a lot different. However, PSP analog nubs have been known to break. I don't know how often, tho'.

-God Ginrai

I have had a psp since release month and I have gone through 3 psp's and 2 analog nubs and my 3rd nub is getting sticky now.. My best friend has had his psp for the same amount of time and he has gone through 3 analog nubs.

I would say they break pretty easily from use alone.

The analog nub on my PSP has broken twice in the past three years. However they are very easy to replace and are more or less plug and play. I just bought another one on eBay for $10 includong shipping to the US. I am hoping it might be just as easy to replace them, as I might be just as hard on my Pandora as I am on my PSP

Eternalodyssey said:
The analog nub on my PSP has broken twice in the past three years. However they are very easy to replace and are more or less plug and play. I just bought another one on eBay for $10 includong shipping to the US. I am hoping it might be just as easy to replace them, as I might be just as hard on my Pandora as I am on my PSP
That they are easy and cheap to replace speaks volumes - to me at least - about the reliability issues. As does a quick google on the topic. Generic analogue nubs MAY last ages for some, but for others they break down enough that there are multiple vendors for replacement parts.

Well ours are totally custom made and designed for the Pandora, they are unique thus if any flaw should be found after say a year we can work to address the fault and improve them.

I should hope, considering the money spent developing them, that won't ever happen :)

craigix said:
nice. how much for the logic board?

craigix said:
I should hope, considering the money spent developing them, that won't ever happen :)
Given the time, effort, and stress expended on this whole project I've been kinda joping it's a pretty good build quality too! :D

We can be surprised at times, but what I've read speaks of due dilligence.= IMHO.

If the analog nub on a PSP is sticking it could be due to dust or crud under the cap. The nub on the PSP is a lot like the stick on the GP2x. it just sits on a notch and shouldnt come loose unless popped off. If it comes off you can just stick it back on and continue playing. Also you shouldnt have to spend more than 9 or 10 bucks for a pack of 3 replacement nubs for the PSP, with some stores selling them as low as 5 bucks.

I have 2 PSPs, the first is for Homebrew and the second unmodded, the first one (original fat PSP) I lost a nub because it got hooked on the edge of my pocket and popped loose when I wasnt looking, but I haven had that issue with the second (slim/lite) at all and I've had them since each was released.

I assume that the analog nub for the Pand is similar where it just plugs into a notch and can be popped off if necessary to replace with a new one(you know like if someone thngs they can make a better one?), would that right?

Back