We Might Have A Gamemaker On Gp2x

Alright guys, theres this easy game programming software out there called Multimedia Fusion, (see www.clickteam.com for the software, and www.create-games.com to see what it can do, although most games dont make use of this great product) and its extremely simple. Like that one dude posted (sry dont remember name XD) it allows you to choose a game style like topdown, platformer, 8 directions, and so on and then you make the graphics and backgrounds. Its kinda hard to explain how it works, but its extremely easy once you get the hang of it and there is NO PROGRAMMING KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER needed. No lie. Anyway I've talked to the vice president of this company and he said that by january or february, this software might be upgraded to make games for the GP2X. I highly urge you all to go to the websites and check this stuff out, becuause its great software and anyone can use it (I have been since I was 8, for 6 years now). So please check it out and post back any comments or ideas. By the way, I'm gonna need about two thousand dollars for this, so donations are welcome. Just kidding :p

It's been spoken about before, they were supposed to make a version for GP32 but they obviously chose not to, I'd like to hope they won't bitch out this time as well... It'd be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Hmm, if you're new to making games I would use something free and open. You're 14 I'm guessing from what you said, you'll gain more from a less-structured environment to make games.

Create-games.com isn't coming up, could you post some more links to games made with this product? I'm curious to see what it does.

I just looked at the Google cache, and those are pretty basic games, but not all the games are made with Multimedia Fusion? I'm interested in what games made with this easy-to-use sdk look like.

Thanx,
Stan

there was a google cashe where someone build an RPG engine with it here.

and I'd suggest checking clickteam's V-arcade link for games I think where made with MMF. (requires a plugin download.)

There have been some pretty decent games made with click products, like BlackEye's earlier games (their site is down right now, used to be hosted on classicgaming.com, part of the gamespy network) and some ofApocalyptic Coders's stuff.

But there's a few things that are a bit iffy..
A) I'm pretty sure that all clickteam products use direct-x for rendering/sound/etc.. I remember that the games factory did, I'm pretty sure the later ones do.
B) Sloooooow.. it really lags behind just about any other engine
C) You're generally stuck making simple stuff.. you can make more complex things but you really start getting bogged down by the limitations of it.

And this is from someone who was active in the 'click' community.

why not make support for gamemaker by mark overmars? not have the program on the 2x but the games, that woul be cool

Shaking Your Fist Productions posted on Oct 9 2005 at 07:33 PM said:
Alright guys, theres this easy game programming software out there called Multimedia Fusion, (see www.clickteam.com for the software, and www.create-games.com to see what it can do, although most games dont make use of this great product) and its extremely simple. Like that one dude posted (sry dont remember name XD) it allows you to choose a game style like topdown, platformer, 8 directions, and so on and then you make the graphics and backgrounds. Its kinda hard to explain how it works, but its extremely easy once you get the hang of it and there is NO PROGRAMMING KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER needed. No lie. Anyway I've talked to the vice president of this company and he said that by january or february, this software might be upgraded to make games for the GP2X. I highly urge you all to go to the websites and check this stuff out, becuause its great software and anyone can use it (I have been since I was 8, for 6 years now). So please check it out and post back any comments or ideas. By the way, I'm gonna need about two thousand dollars for this, so donations are welcome. Just kidding  :p

As the kiddies at GameFaqs say: OLD'D ;)

I spoke to them several months ago myself. Nothing will happen untiil they finish MF 2.0. After that, then they'll see about GP32 and GP2X.

But there are no guarantees. Once MF 2.0 is released, then it would be a good idea for the GP2X community to approach them again. But right now let them finish MF 2.0 first.

And Shaking Fist - I've been using ClickTeam's software since 1994. ;) Ever hear of Klik N' Play? A really great program.

Last edited by a moderator:
A frend and I used Klick n Play to make a vertical Shooter, Black Hole Conflict. It was a good program eventhough the speed and smoothness never were that good. 2 Player, parralax scrolling background, about 3 kinds of enemies with different attack patterns, killer midi soundtrack and a BIG endoflevel-BOSS. If u have the ideas, a program like this can be so much. I would try to develop if something like this comes around for GP2X.

@Prophet, nice sig. Blimey, but she's a babe. What does everyone think....?

Alright, about the GP32 thing, I talked the vp into trying that one out too lol. Yeah, that was me. Anyway he emailed me on it and said that the GP32 wasn't really all that popular, and if the sales for the GP2X went well, he'd really think about it. And about the site, www.create-games.com should work, but sometimes its down for various reasons. Just check back periodically. Also on MMF, it has been upgraded a LOT since the old Klik & Play days. Now, there is *gasp* automatic scrolling, and it certainly doesn't slow down or lag at all, and its not as limited as everyone says. I'm actually making a game on it now, and I'll show you what a good programmer can do with this software. Like I said, you won't be making top-notch games with it until you really get the hang of it. But for some good ones, check out the GOTW (Game of the Week) section of Daily Click. You'd be surprised by how powerful the software is and just what it can do.

Yeah, a program that let's you play MMF games on the GP32/GP2X would be awesome! :)

There's tons of cool games made with it, and I've been using it for many years myself.. I started out with Klik n Play which I saw you mention earlier.

If he's saying it depends on popularity then he's obviously expecting it to sell a million units before he'll port his program for the GP2X. I now officially give up on expecting this to happen.

Goodbye MMF it was nice wishing for you.

I haven't used MMF for years (though I'm a big fan)... I must say, a "to GP2x" option would certainly encourage me to fork out for version 2.0 as and when it comes...

Shakey - the problem is the 2X isnt going to be a mass market machine. What he conciders popular might not even remotely be the same as a successful launch for GPH. They could put out 20,000 units and have them all sell out the first day and it still might not be "popular" to this guy.

Back