Webserver Lunacy

Javacat

Founder of the WarmFluffyUK fan club
Website
Visit site
About a year and a half ago I moved my works web host, to get ready for a new website launch. The new website has a backend written in PHP and implements PHP:pEAR. It also uses a database for storing various pieces of information.
I uploaded a test version of the site into a secure location, where it stayed untouched for about 6 months, whilst I waited for the content.
I then uploaded a new version, but for some reason the site wouldn't work. After searching around for ages, trying to work out why it had stopped working, I discovered that it was due to the host removing PHP:pEAR from our server. After a couple of weeks of emailing them they finally added in the module for PEAR which I required. All was fine once again.
Yesterday I was told to upload the latest version of the site (even though it's still missing about 80% of the content). Before I uploaded all of the scripts/images/etc I need to update a new version of the database it runs off as I've completely redesigned all of the tables, and replaced all of the content. I try to connect to the mySQL server and it times out. I change some settings and try again. It still times out. I check the security permissions on cpanel and my IP address has access permissions, but I remove these and readd them. Try again, and it still times out. I email the host to try and find out what is going on.
They sent a reply to me today, telling me that for security reasons no one is allowed to connect to the mysql database...

I've told a college (who has some sort of connection with the host) to go and shout at them. If that doesn't work I guess I'll be moving hosts again.

Or just type 'BEST' as a code and get $97 off 1 year instead of following some other referral link and having them get some of the $97.

Back