Website request

Neogenetics

Still Fresh
It would be really awsome if someone could make a website that reviewed and rated all the noncommercial software on a 5 star system. This way people can get a sense of what the software is like and navigate through categories to find the type of software they are looking for. And of course there would be an editors pick section that displaed the very best of the best software developed. The goal of this site would be to explain the games to the people that are looking forward to downloading them (proabably from gp32x.de) since there aren't any good descriptions of what any of the software is like. Although much stress wouldnt be put on the ratings of the game, it would still be nice to do so so that people can see what the must haves are as far as the non comercial software goes! I would love to do this myself but i neither have the recources, time (well maybe a little, but not when school starts), expirience (with html and Gp software), or a Game Park (atleast not for another week). It would be great if someone could do this, anyone interested???

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't rating software completely subjective? I mean, there's software that I like that others don't, and vice versa. Also, there's software that does its job very well, but I would never want/need to use.

taras posted on Aug 26 2003 said:
Isn't rating software completely subjective? I mean, there's software that I like that others don't, and vice versa. Also, there's software that does its job very well, but I would never want/need to use.
Yes - it is, but so is rating music, movies, and other forms of entertainment.

The rating may prove valuable once 'they' (whoever does the ratings) prove that their ratings, reviews, and critiques are actually valuable to one or more persons.

You could say that Ropert and Egbert (sp?) suck and you hate their reviews, but a million other people probably listen to them.

So it may be worthwhile to some - but not to all.

HZ :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
im designing a site at the mo which will allow people to download all the noncommercial stuff, so i can stick a reviews section along with it and also add a readers submission possibly, all though ive never used perl or cgi before. If someone wants to give me a hand with that aspect of the site id be very thankful?

Back