What A Godawfull Building

Horscht posted on Sep 8 2005 at 09:04 PM said:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/vitamalz/google.jpg

seriously, who thought of this building? It looks like some public building to me and it's located somewhere in NY. But seriously, who built this?
I saw about that on some news sight or another a couple of months ago, wasn't it something to do with nazi escapees or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
trees.jpg

at least this one was on purpose

Esn posted on Sep 8 2005 at 07:15 PM said:
While we're talking about ugly buildings...

ugliestbuildingcphqkaliningrad.jpg

:wacko:
but what is that? were not just talking about ugly buildings, were talking about ones in that shape :huh:

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 8 2005 at 11:37 PM said:
but what is that? were not just talking about ugly buildings, were talking about ones in that shape :huh:
It's in the shape of an evil face with huge eyebrows.

/ok, ok, I went off-topic :ph34r:

gp32rich posted on Sep 11 2005 at 09:56 AM said:
Ugh! And that building reminds me of how Douglas Adams described the offices of the Hitchhikers Guide
:blink: Oh my God, you're right! Maybe I'll send that picture to them as inspiration if they decide to film the sequel to this summer's movie. :p

To tell you the truth, I actually think swastikas look cool(no, i'm not a neo-nazi or hitler worshipper or anything like that, I just think they look cool)... However... why the hell anybody would design a building to look like that after World War 2 is beyond me... Maybe the guy just thought swastikas looked cool too, but it was still a stupid decision. How can he possibly expect people not to be offended? Maybe he didn't care... I dunno.

On a side note, swastikas have been around since long before World War 2. They were used by a bunch of different ancient civilizations and usually stood for things like peace, prosperity, and good luck. They're also usually flipped horizontally from the one that the nazis used on their flags and armbands.

If you search around a bit you'll find that the buildings are on a naval amphibious base that was commissioned in 1944 and has a WWII theme.
Apparently the streets on the base are named after WWII battles and if you look at the full scene (using Google Maps) you'll see that the two buildings before the swastika shaped building are shaped like airplanes so what you see are two airplanes 'attacking' the swastika shaped building.

So instead of it being a secret Nazi conspiracy it looks more like war propaganda. Not that strange when you think about the time it was created.

Back