What Am I Forgetting?

spongebue

Website
Visit site
I've been trying to encode movies with the DivX 4.12 codec, but when I do that, Virtual Dub crashes on me. I tried it with the XviD codec, and it encoded without a problem. When I put it on the Gamepark, however, it resets it. Is there any difference in the settings needed between XviD and DivX 4.12?

Thanks,
spongebue

hmmm... when you adjust the framerate, do you do it under the source rate adjustment or frame rate conversion category? I've been doing the second one, and the the video is much slower than the audio in the preview when I do the first, but I should make sure. Also, I've been using the Xvid codec from gp32eu.com. I'd assume that would work...

Anyways, to restate my question, is there anythihng different that I need to do to make a video work with Xvid, like a diferent framefate or something?

Edit: I think I figured out the problem. This whole time I've set the audio to be at 11,025hz like someone said, and that's a little low. I tried making a new one at 12,000, and will find out if it works soon, since the gamepark is with a friend who will more than likely buy it.

Back