What An Innovative Design

rmm2131

I was perusing youtube for Pandora information(can't get enough of it) when this flashed in front of my eyes: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Qd5WRUnqcM

It will be years before a Pandora revision, but what a clever concept to use and modify eventually, regardless of authenticity, minus the second screen of course. :)

Standart DS slot 1 seems to be not the same as on original DS & DS lite. I think it is a fake.

it was a mockup by someone, it's pretty old...

Not a viable design IMO, because when it's extended all you're holding on to is the hollow pieces of case on the left and right... also, how are they going to be affixed in the open position? Hopefully not by the screen....

It looks fancy in an animation, but I don't think it would be very usable or stable

I think it looks pretty ugly while closed too, and the design looks barely feasible at best. You can't expect to push down on hollow areas with no resistance. For it to have any chance of being possible wouldn't it have to at least be much thicker than an ordinary closed design would have to be? It isn't worth sacrificing a substantial amount of depth for length.

Nilsiboy; Did you see this somewhere before, being given by someone else? This guy is releasing all kinds of crazy "leaked" things that seem incredibly unlikely. It'd be great to out him.

I've seen this at least a year ago, too.
Can't remember exactly when and where, but i suppose in some forums, like this time.

Ha! I told you guys these threads would not stop.

Also, that design in the video is stupid. Looks so incredibly breakable

Exophase said:
I think it looks pretty ugly while closed too, and the design looks barely feasible at best. You can't expect to push down on hollow areas with no resistance. For it to have any chance of being possible wouldn't it have to at least be much thicker than an ordinary closed design would have to be? It isn't worth sacrificing a substantial amount of depth for length.
I dunno, PCB is pretty sturdy stuff, layer with a bit of carbon fiber (or make the PCB's carbon fiber), and add a little metal and it could be pretty darn sturdy, doesn't look any weaker than an F1 car, they are made like a cockroach, with the suspension bolting right to the thin skin.

It "looks" cool, and considering the resources of Nintendo it should at least be theoretically possible. Little problems like gunk getting in the sliders and how much it will cost, and can it survive being thrown on the floor (I saw a smashed N64 cart at a friends house once, he said that the TV had fallen and broken the game, the N64 was still fine!).

I just can't stop liking transforming gadgets, so this is awesome in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
nubie said:
I just can't stop liking transforming gadgets, so this is awesome in my opinion.

Thanks Nubie, nice to hear of some agreement. I wasn't trying to make another one of "those posts". Just thought it looked cool, with some modifications to the shoulder buttons, screen size etc...

There is an ebook reading device called the Readius that reminds me of this concept and I think it could work in the future when parts become cheaper and even smaller. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back