• Rearange placing of objects on page

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify in reply)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RockOut

Website
www.godsofallmedia.com
Well, I have been updating my website almost every day, and it has become a large PAIN, so I quit updating it for now because I am just interested in finding out from the gp32x community what my website would need to become more useful and interesting. I would greatly appreciate feedback and help on redesigning my site.
Here is a link to my site GP32 Universe

Your website needs something UNIQUE that would make visitors go visit it. Why would I go to your site for news when most likely you just copied the news from here?

You should focus on tutorials on how to setup the different emulators, and doing reviews of the emulators plus other games then people might have a reason to go visit your site.

Needs original content. At the moment is basically acting as a mirror to a lot of other sites out there. You need something to make it stand out from the crowd.

Pop-ups loads of them :D

And bittorrents of 320x240 vdubbed divx movies :p

Yeah, don't bother changing the layout - concentrate on writing some really interesting features, articles or reviews.

Ditch the news (it's a pain to keep up with developments and not particuarly rewarding when sites like this get all the attention) but keep the updates and download sections...it would be nice to link to the files if you're reviewing a homebrew game/product.

Oh...and RockOut, you might want to add a proper Title. At the moment it just says 'Page Title' between the <title></title> tags. If you put something like 'GP32 news, reviews and articles' there it will help you get visitors from search engines.

What about a .xml-newsfeed, that other sites could include in their websites?

Yeah, What he said ^_^ It would help smaller sites like this one keep up to date news, plus it will advertise GP32x.

I like gp32x.de and would rather like to encourage them to make more functionality than scoop up a new website that in rough is just a minimalistic approach to make some website about our little friend. I hate to see good sites drown in the crowd of various more or less incomplete sites.

To give you the best pointer I can think of, I hereby list some of the stuff I miss on the gp32x-site:

1. an always updated and comprehensive downloads section (perhaps even a ftp)
2. get hold of the users on gp32spain and force the to speak english
3. being able to see older news
4. more tutors (for both beginners and advanced users/devs)
5. more tech stuff

So, all in all, I miss a site that I could call "The Only Web Site for GP32" where all information is available. And not another compilation of different links to other sites having limited info/downloads/forum.

As I see it, it would be a problem to invent a new site that perhaps gets <10% of forum participants. That way I would be forced to look many places for just that piece of information i need.

Of course - if your site could meet all these demands - I would definitely root for that. i.e. make a gp32x - with more functionality - before I'd bother to change ;-)

Not that I disencourage you making a site. All that contributes to the gp32 scene is welcome and needed. Just bear in mind that there already is a good source for us - and make something unique and new in stead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try and get more downloads (At least all of the emus). Also, afterwards, get news from GP32X, GP32 EMU, GP32 NEWS, and GP32 Spain and include all the possible pictures and information gathered from the sites (Sometimes for a news story, one site (usually GP32 NEWS) might have a butt load of more pictures than the other site) and, of course, give credit where needed.

EDIT: You should check GP32X, GP32 EMU, GP32 NEWS, and GP32 Spain everyday as they all don't get the same news at the same time with the same information.

Thanks, well I was thinking of possibly creating a section of games and aps that may be released at the gbax competition. :)

Also, it would make it a better site if people joined the forum.

That's a great idea! I will post a list of possible GBAX releases and then make them available for download once the GBAX competition is over. :)

EDIT: Now I have just completed updating my site, I hope that this is a little better. :unsure:

1. Maybe collect a list of all GP32 Developer sites and have a "Links" section that lists all of these sites (and their little banner possibly).

2. Stay away from blocky textured buttons. (or any textured graphics for that matter)
Also something to avoid is any bright/dark constrasting colors. That green hurts my eyes and the black is too dark, almost dreary. The green on black look kinda went out of style in the early 80's :)

3. The "banner" is much to large. Not to mention its square. You can clearly see the boxed edges where it starts and ends. This is something you do if you are an amature making an anglefire or geocities page. Use a smaller banner and either frame it, use transparency, or give it an alpha channel to blend in with your back ground or design it into your layout as part of the whole. Look at gp32x.de for your inspiration. Their "banner" is part of a greater whole, it fits in with the sleak design. There is no definative edges, blocky squares, etc...

4. And of course, my games listed in your currently empty "Puzzle/Other" catagory! (shameless self promotion)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back