What Games Have You Finished on the Pandora ?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
I'm rather interested by emulated games in this question, but not only. If you did Doom from A to Z on Pandora or Day of the Tentacle this would also be a very valid answer! 

I started and finished a few on my side: 

Nintendo DS : Time Hollow / Ghost Trick

(more probably, but i can't recall them now).

I don't remember finishing any game on Pandora ... that's for three reasons:

1. A lot of the games I play can't be finished, at least not easily (Harvest Moon, etc. ...)

2. sometimes the emulators crashed while playing, leaving me without motivation to continue

3. I don't play many games on Pandora (or any other portable device)

Ah now I remember some I finished, but I don't know if these count as games ... those visual-novel pnds on the repo, I think I finished most of them.

1. A lot of the games I play can't be finished, at least not easily (Harvest Moon, etc. ...)
I understand. Yeah, obviously some games cannot be technically finished. I guess I was referring more to story-based or levels-based games.  

Last edited by a moderator:
VVVVVV and am working my way through Cave Story:)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'll agree it can be a little bit jerky not sure if that's the engine or the port though? I've tried the 3ds version and that's noticeably faster. Is there any point of any of our porting experts having another look at this game?

VVVVVV and am working my way through Cave Story:)
 Great game, Cave Story!

I wish the Pandora port was a little "smoother", though. The scrolling is OK but not perfect (and the Pandora is capable of better than that!)
I finished Cave story on pandora, so it's doable (albeit tricky, but hey that Cave story ;P)

What's wrong with my nxengine port ? What can be improved (warning, the engine is on the edge of being playable on pandora as the music playing drain a large bunch of CPU time)

If the version we have is the best optimised one for the Pandora that's cool. Thanks again for your time and effort in porting it:)

What's wrong with my nxengine port ? What can be improved (warning, the engine is on the edge of being playable on pandora as the music playing drain a large bunch of CPU time)
I'm not saying that your port is wrong - maybe it has to do with the engine itself in the first place. There's plenty of emulators out there using SDL which display multiple levels of scrolling with much more sprites on screen at 60 fps without having any issue, so i'm wondering why Cave Story feels a little bit sluggish. Maybe the engine is not very well optimized. 

you mention the music being a drain on CPU, why is that? In what format is the music and what kind of library is used to play it back ? 

you mention the music being a drain on CPU, why is that? In what format is the music and what kind of library is used to play it back ?
The music is played using a sound chip emulation. That part probably can be severly optimized, but that way over my head, the engine itself is rather well optimized (and dont go tell the nxengine her engine isnt fast enough. Someone tring to port it for experiaplay tried... :D )
The best I could do to help with the performance problem is to use the gpu to scale as both launcher (normal and ehenced) use cpu scalers. that would give a little boost. but I doubt it would be very noticable as the music processing cost over 60% cpu here

AquaVenture

DinoDefense (well, the first 24 levels, anyway)

MinedOut!

Picross3D (DS)  - multiple times!

Professor Leyton (Diabolical Box?)

Fire Emblem (Not sure which one)

MediEvil (PS1)

Jumping Flash (PS1)

The best I could do to help with the performance problem is to use the gpu to scale as both launcher (normal and ehenced) use cpu scalers. that would give a little boost. but I doubt it would be very noticable as the music processing cost over 60% cpu here
60% CPU !!! Crap !!

Is there a way to tweak the settings of the chip emulation then ? Less Khz  ?

Most puzzles can be completed in under 10minutes. There are only around 350...

It's my perfect game -

It's quick to play.

The rules are simple

The control scheme works perfectly.

It's a puzzler.

Mainly Megadrive games, as I tend to play those most really.

Revenge of Shinobi, Altered Beast, Forgotten Worlds, ... each have been ran through a number of times ... I often just go back to the favs and they don't take much time at all to finish

Digital, a Love Story

Legacy of Kain : Blood Omen (PS1)

Full Throttle (ScummVM)

Last edited by a moderator:
My list of games is long... Not to long who I want. but long. From NES to PSX. I don't start playing another game without ending one. except some games lunch break arcades like Twinkle Star Sprites (NeoGeo) or some puzzles. Now I'm to sad to play something without my Pandy. I miss so much... s/2

To find a random game of any console. I use this site: http://s3kr.it/gauntlet.html

MarTinazzI, rafael.​

Back