What Happend? :-(

this is in "GP32Xtreme Board > Support Forums > GPLinux " so iam wondering what happend to the gp32linux project

Hello guys

We all have less time left know, and we are only 3 people (Toholl is working mainly on the kernel, and Ingeras and me on apps)

Toholl's laptop is currently broken, he was working on SMC writing.

And I should receive a USB-->ethernet adapter today, which will speed up the development...

What kind of things are you waiting for??
As usual, any help would be great

cyberic

iam still looking for proper key maping with usb keyboards. lookd like youre nearly have it done, also what happend to vnc and sound?

If the SMC writing works out, I will be able to write some short notes on GP Linux? That would be amazing. I hate having to carry a laptop on trains etc. and am too poor to own a proper PDA.

Also is there any plans for a Powerpoint reader or does that require too much ram? I really think what you guys have done with the machine has pushed boundaries on what can be accomplished with 2 AAs.

The ultimate for me would be a hot swapable SMC and to copy files from between SMCs (no need for a PC in the way). Is this possible with GPLinux?

Keep up the good work :)

well, as cyberic said, we have less time now :(
i started working as a junior linux sys admin

i was pissed with the cyberpower hub not working
but i think nigel brown is working on it ?

-------------
splinter, yes you can help by make some faq from all the gplinux posts, seek other developpers wanting to help, search for projects that would be cool to have on gp, ...
-----------
for Powerpoint reader, dont know, have to look at openoffice sources
and try to make some little app with fb or fltk ...
----
smc writing dont work yet, unless your using a usb smc card reader
(one working on linux)
---
vimacs posted a explanation on how to power a usb hub, i think
did u made any tests vimacs ? ;)

well, my hub works like a charm with a 9v block, the modeification you have to do is minimal, i bet most usb hubs do have a oltage regulator that can handle 9v out of the box, if not, its not a big deal replacing it, look in that other thred

What kind of things are you waiting for??

usb keyboard support n_n

The chatboard is very little for using outside but for testing at home a "real" keyboard would be better.

-------------------------------------------------------

I tested the "self" powered hub and the batteries does not supply charge if you don't connect the hub to a powered usb port... So the batteries are only an aid...

I think that we can modify the hub...

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to connect with a usb/wifi adapter but obtain some messages of missing libraries :/ I use the wifi package

Last edited by a moderator:
Back