What have you bought recently?

I bought a Plipbox ..
...an Amiga Network Adapter to go into the Internet with nearly all Amiga Computers: :D

Retro :)
plipbox_nano06.jpg

Putting a radio in my nephew's car but never dealt with early 80's Ford's . Wiring is s mess and the fuse box isn't being easily found.

Yeah, ford's from that era were commonly found driving around with only one break light working, or the reverse light flashing instead of the indicator, because nobody could figure out how to wire it back up when repairing it. Not quite as bad a similarly aged Peugeots I found, but up there. Still, at least the bodywork holds up on old Fords, which is more than you can say for lots of cars of that vintage.

@levi found out that mplayer can also play streams:
mplayer http://cms.stream.publicradio.org/cms.mp3
and that works pretty nice on the voltastream, though i haven't hooked it up to nice speakers yet.

made a little bash script wrapper around that. also it may be time to download a few more things from the free music archive...

Games from Goodwill
-------------------------
Sins of a solar empire
Elder scrolls oblivion
Oblivion shivering isles expansion pack
Black and white 2
Civilization IV gold edition

Money spent: $15.00

just bought a mountain bike for $10 from a facebook garage sale page. rear brake cable had come off an its been sitting unused for a while. 1/2 hour work with the oil and hex keys works great. time for this old fat guy to try to lose a bit of weight....

Flea marked, 30€. Bargained down from 100.
_DSC2762-GlDbeCHJ.1505658547.JPG

If cameras where like penises...

Still working away at the Ford radio. Needed more tools and ended up getting an electric drill and 3/4 ratchet. Didn't really need them but will make things go smoother and more efficient in tight spaces. Just an excuse to buy them mostly lol

Goodwill trip
----------------
3 flat head screwdrivers $1.50
Call of Duty 2 for PC $2.99
The Oregon Trail 4th Edition $2.99
101 Greatest XP Games $1.99
Most Valuable Windows Games $1.99
Lou Bega - A little bit of Mambo $1.99
Celtic Love Collection vol 2&3 music cds $4.00
Home to Ireland music cd$1.99
The New Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia (1993) $1.99

Always love to see what I can find used :)

(design shop links ahead; don't click if you faint at the sight of high prices for non-tech stuff! ;))
bought a super fancy water bottle (wasn't entirely convinced that this coal stuff actually works, but after taking a sip, holy shit, it does) and another lunch box (i collect those (really)). i'm a huge fan of that studio, so i thought i'd get myself a reward for working almost full time during this semester break :D

I bought a Nokia 808 pureview (the last Symbian phone with a wonderful camera).

It was pretty cheap on a 2nd hand ads website so I thought I'd buy it and see if it could make a good Pyra companion device. The idea is to have an excellent camera and phone, to carry around for the quick phone calls, photos, GPS navigation in the pocket while the Pyra would be used for more serious computing and gaming. Not sure if I should still get the 4G Pyra or not if I go that route.

The Nintendo Classic Mini Super Nintendo Entertainment System
And FIFA 18 for the Switch, but from a Shop in Austria because there is a delivery issue in Germany as a big amount of games ist stuck on custom

23efd9e8cd3430714185beaaa588fde6.jpg
5222c3be4436fe9ce77ef03d7b2f2b43.jpg

14 set of Ubuntu repository disks from osdisc.com
My internet would take forever to install instead of just buying the DVD equivalent.

bought a switch and breath of the wild. bad choice because the next semester is about to start, good choice because in my field of study playing stuff actually counts as "research" (already got some ideas for cute tiny two player co-op games i can pitch to my game design obsessed prof).

I got Metroid: Samus Returns and the amiibo set. I needed something to use them on that was my own (really just an excuse) so I got the Samus New 3DS. I think I picked them up the day the SNES mini was released, as there was a line outside the store before it opened full of people that didn't seem like gamer types, and that is what most of them bought. I plan to purchase DSN-12 to go along with it eventually. I will also be ordering a screen protector and cover to protect exterior art.

I played Metroid 2 for most of my younger years. I can say I like the new version of it better, if only because of the artwork and mood everything produces. I kinda suck with some of the new stuff going on and have already died a couple times. It would be nice if I could change the controls a bit.

Anyone have recommendations for games?

bought a switch and breath of the wild. bad choice because the next semester is about to start, good choice because in my field of study playing stuff actually counts as "research" (already got some ideas for cute tiny two player co-op games i can pitch to my game design obsessed prof).
I was going to get that same set as a gift for somebody. I don't want to distract them from school, so I guess I won't. Thanks for talking me out of buying them for a huge Zelda fan that decided she would wait to play the new game until she got a Switch. :p

I was going to get that same set as a gift for somebody. I don't want to distract them from school, so I guess I won't. Thanks for talking me out of buying them for a huge Zelda fan that decided she would wait to play the new game until she got a Switch. :p
yeah, just don't xD i wish i bought it way earlier or later, but yea... at least i got a ton of inspiration for animations, shaders, and area/level layouts :3 and i won't have to search for a new game i can play during christmas break since i doubt i'll finish zelda any time soon :D

Back