What have you bought recently?

just sold 2 graphics cards so have the funds to buy a 3D printer. its a anet A8/A6 , Prusa i3 clone.... all i can afford but should be fun

%24_57.JPG

Awesome. I really like 3D printers, though I personally struggle with finding proper use cases for it. Thus I cannot justify the expenses myself.

neither can i really, there are a few things i can use it for but i convinced the other half that i could print things to help her in her scrap booking..lol Plus this is only $175 AUD so about $130 US??
i want to print a mount for a 7"samsung tablet for the car, and a better ph mount clip for the A/C vent etc. I modeled up some spaceships for the oolite game a couple of years ago i would like to print them... especially the Eagle Transporter from Space:1999

i thought i wanted a 3d printer, but then found out i could 3d print stuff at work, and still haven't found a reason to go over there and do it.

also need the kids a bit older so they don't put stuff in their mouth, as the plastic isn't very safe for that...

I got me a really nice Sony PVM-9L2 monitor with a carry bag.
It has Composite, Y/C and SDI input. The image quality with my C64 is just awesome and it doesn't take too much space on my desk. The small form factor makes it ideal to bring along on "copy" parties. :D

At 40 euro I thought it was a bargain!

pvm.JPG

Haven't bought, but I got some "not working" computer parts. I decided to try repairing them, so I found:
- A server, dual-Slot1 board. This should fit nicely to my Zenith server casing, it's for such mainboard, I got it upgraded with some Sempron.
The first problem was the CPU fan not spinning. I quickly located the faulty transistor which I replaced with typical BC547+resistor. However, the mainboard still didn't start. I found that the BIOS is flashed in half! Someone probably tried to fix the cooling by upgrading the BIOS on unstable mainboard and it overheated in the middle of the procedure.
- An Intel AS mainboard for early Pentium. The problem with video artifacts has been fixed by removing the VRAM chips and cleaning their conections.
- A couple of Abit boards with erased BIOSes by CIH epidemic. After re-programming chips they're OK.
- A nForce2 powered board for Athlon, the then high-end one with SATA, LED display for error code and fast AGP. The problem was definitely in capacitor plague, but I think that the main reason was the error in BIOS upgrading procedure. It looks like someone tried to repair these mainboards by upgrading their BIOSes. Trying to locate someone with FWH/LPC adapter for Willem programmer.
- Another Socket Abit board, this time someone got a Celeron with broken protective layer on the core. This is usually not a big problem if crack is not deep, but someone tried to "fix" it by applying enormous amounts of "silver grease" on the WHOLE chip. Yes, on resistors too. MOSFETs blown (replaced, tested, give proper voltage). Switching transistors blown (replaced, tested, OK). BIOS blown to the degree that it doesn't read one address line in programmer. I'll program another chip only because I'm curious what parts have survived.
- Asrock Pentium 4 HT board. BIOS chip removed, whereabouts unknown. Capacitor plague.
After re-programing BIOS I committed one of these lazy things in repair: It has a data block with network adapter parameters in BIOS, but it's not programmed when upgrading. Because I programmed from empty chip in a programmer, I got 00-00-00-00... MAC address and on-board ethernet turned off. Instead of trying to update the MAC using some hardly accessible software I just hot-swapped the BIOS with the chip programmed with pseudorandom bytes, then displayed the MAC from DOS tool and found the address of bytes I got. After burning a patched BIOS I found the network adapter operating.

Just found an actual honest to god electronics supply store! Rows upon rows of resistors and capacitors and ICs of every imaginable type. I needed some resistors but I'm already making a shopping list of things I'll need for planned projects.

I got me a really nice Sony PVM-9L2 monitor with a carry bag.
It has Composite, Y/C and SDI input. The image quality with my C64 is just awesome and it doesn't take too much space on my desk. The small form factor makes it ideal to bring along on "copy" parties. :D

At 40 euro I thought it was a bargain!

View attachment 31566
Have them set one side for me.

Ditnt played much, just about 3 hours on wednesday for testing purposes,
there are a lot of Mods in Steam Workshop, 2 Unimog, some Mercedes Trucks, the famous Russian Off Road Car "Lada Niva", maybe the Cheapest and longest build SUV in the World..
Im currently on the Map "Provingground", there isnt much on it: some pretty deep mudholes, a water hole, and muddy wood routes..

The Succesor "Spintires Mudrunner" got more Maps, more Trucks, and a real Cockpit Camera,
in the Version i got for the GPD WIN, there i only a Cockpit Camera in some of the MOD Trucks..

This Game is a real Batterie Eater, but fun..

Back