What I''m Thinking About The Pandora These Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyaku

Still Fresh
OK if you do not wanna read any of this just delete it. I just don't think this is safe. I don't wanna lose my money like a bunch of others either. but go on ahead. close and delete this thread

CODE
this is just like solidstate's topic "Anybody losing interest?" but with a BIG summary
link: here

I've been visiting this handheld's info for very long and I went through some results:
-people are saying that they didn't get their money back when the "first batch" was "supposed to be shipped"
-why didn't the Pandora Dev Team didn't answer my e-mail about the Iban and stuff? if they ignored it saying that I'm a n00b, they could at least say that the information was on the forums (since I don't go to the forums frequently) and at least answer how much will cost my additional shipment,question that nobody hasn't answered directly.
-yes, people have some problems sometimes by selling their product. but I find this one rather fishy, since batches weren't snet correctly and money was guarrenteed or that this doesn't even support PayPal that is the safest method to use your credit card (tranzfers.com in my region is considered as not very trustable)

all of this seems very fishy. And this is getting me off my nerves, since I know that I'm considered as a n00b by a Team (who can't even answer a single message asking about IBAN and stuff and) and I can only call Monday to Friday (that part is normal) but 10am to 4pm? like that, it will be impossible to me to buy the pandora (I work too and don't have free time between those hours), so it's your problem then. I loved to have a machine like this, but since you just get the money and we don't get nothing on our mail, I decided to say (sadly) that I'll leave my dream of this power machine.
yes I know developpers have got the hands of the machine... but wrecked and not the "final version".

too, why lying saying that advertising on TV is expensive? you would get loadsa money even making those because here in Portugal, almost my entire school is interested on having a PC the size of a Nintendo DS. true too that the last thing I would search on the Internet was Pandora since there's Pandora jewelry where they're a bunch of thieves.

YES, I know what I'm waiting for in the end of this post because I made it on purpose. Where's your "mass production"? If there is such a thing there, then why not sell it through at an electronic England store where people outside England can buy from Amazon.com? it's much better than sending you transfers or cheques and receive nothing.

PS: if you really are telling the truth, then you should bring the people's money back, or you should end up on a Trial.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
'PoisonedV' said:
Son, what in the sam hill did you just say
yes, I did say what the hell you just think I've said
some people said that they didn't have their money back. don't tell me I'm wrong

but OK just delete this thread if you don't wanna read any more of this

'PoisonedV' said:
I think he's saying that the Pandora is a scam because they can't take PayPal for something that won't ship within 2 weeks, and they wouldn't give everybody's money back when it didn't ship exactly on the deadline.

Also, why did you enclose this post in code tags?

'Keyaku' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
yes, I did say what the hell you just think I've said
some people said that they didn't have their money back. don't tell me I'm wrong

but OK just delete this thread if you don't wanna read any more of this

That's not what I meant by that. I meant jesus h, I couldn't decode that mass of illegible chickenscratch

'Username' said:
Quiet you, I think he's on to something here.
who, me? Im just saying that Pandora selling way ain't really safe and I'm showing off some cases

I don't want my money back!
Also, so far everyone who wanted their money back seems to have gotten it because I haven't heard any complaints.
What the fuck is your point? Why do you even talk about TV advertising? Of course it's expensive. It doesn't matter if it might generate interest if you can't even afford to pay for it in the first place.
Cancel your order if you don't feel safe but don't post rambling nonsense on the forums that nobody can understand.

'Keyaku' said:
who, me? Im just saying that Pandora selling way ain't really safe and I'm showing off some cases
Yes, you. Your position - if I interpret that gibberish correctly - is understandable. Lamentably so. You might have a different position if you actually understood what has been happening since oh about October or so last year, but you do not appear to have done your research or even asked the right questions.

So although the way you have presented your opinion looks a little insane, I can appreciate it.

Your attitude though, is poor IMHO. I have also said some of what you are feeling - there are many problems with the way this product has been developed and the way it is being sold. The way first batch orders are being taken is NOT safe for the consumer. If that is a problem for you, please, do not order a first batch Pandora. It is not for you. Perhaps, when and if OpenPandora manage to ge tthe first batch delivered and then proceed to making and selling second and later batches via more traditional routes, you may be interested again. But for now, it seems the risk is too high for you. that is understandable and a PERFECTLY reasonable position.

Taking the APPARENT position that you are the only one to realise that cash transfers leave the customers with no protection is, however, insulting the intelligence of the other board members as well as showing that you have not read the forum that you are now gibbering at. They know there is no guarantee. They have known, for months. They also have more experience with the people behind the project than you do, and have given over their cash on trust alone based on that experience. Please, do not assume that they do not know how bad this project looks at times. We have been here, watching. We know.

Ta

'Keyaku' said:
'Username' said:
Quiet you, I think he's on to something here.

If you don't think its safe, why did you buy one? Or waited until other distributors sold them?

'MDave' said:
'Keyaku' said:
''Username'' said:
Quiet you, I think he''''s on to something here.
who, me? Im just saying that Pandora selling way ain''t really safe and I'm showing off some cases

If you don't think its safe, why did you buy one? Or waited until other distributors sold them?

Except Keyaku does not appear to have ordered one:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46972

Keyaku has tried to buy one for the last 3 days it seems, or at least to get the exact details to purchase, but does not have the details yet. Sounds like a rush evaluation has been made.

I've been around here for a long time, and so have the people developing and sponsoring this new device. I think everyone realizes that there is some risk involved in investing in a company during these economic times (such as release delays), but I have faith in Craig and EvilDragon to get the Pandora finished at some point. (They're risking a lot too)

'OrR' said:
Also, so far everyone who wanted their money back seems to have gotten it because I haven't heard any complaints.
Although OpenPandora have apparently issued all refunds, amex users cash got stuck int he banking system somewhere. I'm not blaming Amex myself, but this hasn't happeend with other credit cards ;)

OpenPandora have promised to honor Amex card orders for customer swho have not received their payments back, and I am unsure how problems with Amex or the Banking system should be defined as OpenPandora's problem directly, but that is my very best guess as to who Keyaku is referring to. If not Amex users then... I'm lost on who he/she/it means :(

'Monk' said:
'OrR' said:
Although OpenPandora have apparently issued all refunds, amex users cash got stuck int he banking system somewhere. I'm not blaming Amex myself, but this hasn't happeend with other credit cards ;)

OpenPandora have promised to honor Amex card orders for customer swho have not received their payments back, and I am unsure how problems with Amex or the Banking system should be defined as OpenPandora's problem directly, but that is my very best guess as to who Keyaku is referring to. If not Amex users then... I'm lost on who he/she/it means :(

Just forget it. It was just my opinion
You know really what? Nevermind this gibberish. I just wann heck know how the hell am I supposed to pay if I know that nobody will take my e-mail and how the hell am I gonna phone these guys when I'm supposed to be busy. Also, please gimme the exact price of all this so that I can make my bank transfer ASAP.

Thanks for understanding

What's to stop me, or anyone else from now posting:

"Hey dude, don't worry, i'll help you out, here are the details...."

Followed by my own bank details. BAM ~£200 pounds into my account.

Find them on your own, you're an idiot if you are going to trust anyone that posts bank details in this thread.

The price is $330 US. The information to do a bank transfer is in the sticky at the top of the forum title "bank transfer number"
Although I would advise against doing so until you've contacted them with intent to purchase so they can give you an order number.
If you've been emailing them and they haven't responded, then there are 3 possibilities: either they've been very busy and haven't gotten to it yet (while they are very busy, the girls handling order communication are hard working and usually get back within 24 hours though); their spam filter is blocking your email; or your spam filter is blocking there email.
Most likely is the spam filter thing.
You have two options, I think: try a different email address; or contact them with gtalk.
Go to gmail.com, sign up for an account, and send an email to openpandoraorders@gmail.com
This will do two things: it will send an email via another account, as I mentioned, which may have a better chance of not being confused for spam; and it will add them as a contact in gmail, allowing you to talk to them directly. Many others have had great luck contacting them with the gmail chat. If they don't respond to your next email in a day or two, wait for them to be shown as online and try to chat with them directly. I'm sure they'll be happy to sort things out.

Oh, man. After a long rant about how he thinks Pandora is a scam (because they said television advertising is expensive???), his real complaint is that he can't work out how to buy one! How bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back