What Is In The Box ?

Pinballwzd

Hello all,

Please do not roast me but after searching prev. posts and watching the forum, I could not find an answer to a question I have. The question being, what might be included in the box when the Pandora is shipped ?
I am not concerned with software packaged witht the Pandora as there will, at one point or another, be apps to download. What I was wondering about was if there might be any cables, or such included.

It does not matter to me really either way as I plan on buying one but this did cross my mind today when I was thinking of what came with my GP2X.

Cheers,

D)

Its been said that a power supply of some sort will be included as will the required AV adapter. No confirmations on software though (not that I remember anyway).

My suspicion is that they would only include stuff that is necessary for the Pandora to run.
Eg..
The Pandora
Power supply + battery

Possibly a cd with some software.

I have no real sources, this is just speculation.

I'm pretty sure that Craig said a power supply would be included but then there was talk of a psp power supply working with it (I think it was the psp one) so they might only include a USB cable to charge from. The definitely said that the AV adapter jobby would be included.

so they might only include a USB cable to charge from
I wouldnt have a problem with that, Half of my gadgets charge over usb as it is anyways.

there was talk of a psp power supply working with it
Really? Seems strange that they would include two options to power it when USB should be sufficient... It's fairly easy to find usb wall warts out there, and if necessary they could offer one as an accessory.

Hi Eisner

Welcome to the fold. :)

This question has been asked before (Link below), There has been no offical word from what i have seen of the complete contents, But there has been mention of a TV-out cable, A mains charger, A usb cable (for transfer + charging), The battery, And obviously the Pandora. :rolleyes:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=42391&hl=

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
coniferous said:
Really? Seems strange that they would include two options to power it when USB should be sufficient... It's fairly easy to find usb wall warts out there, and if necessary they could offer one as an accessory.
If memory serves me correctly, someone said (and the tech details would suggest) that charging of USB would take longer due to the limited power (voltage and current) available. I for one am pleased that there isn't just USB charging.

Geuben said:
coniferous said:
If memory serves me correctly, someone said (and the tech details would suggest) that charging of USB would take longer due to the limited power (voltage and current) available. I for one am pleased that there isn't just USB charging.

Ah, i see now. That makes sense. Forgot about the 500ma current limit.

I really hope that they do put the charger in there. I don't wanna have to go out and buy a charger separate.
seems like i'm being picky, but that kinda thing would just annoy me.

magicman5421 said:
I really hope that they do put the charger in there. I don't wanna have to go out and buy a charger separate.
It didn't annoy me much with the gp2x, probably because it took AA batteries which needed to be charged externally anyway, but I can imagine being pretty miffed if the pandora didn't come with a chager seeing as it has a li-ion battery.

Geuben said:
magicman5421 said:
It didn't annoy me much with the gp2x, probably because it took AA batteries which needed to be charged externally anyway, but I can imagine being pretty miffed if the pandora didn't come with a chager seeing as it has a li-ion battery.

yeah...luckily i had a nimh(?) charger when i got my gp2x, otherwise i'd've been a little bit annoyed that i had awesome batteries but no way to charge them... :(
and i'm sure psp chargers are easy to come by...but still.

magicman5421 said:
yeah...luckily i had a nimh(?) charger when i got my gp2x, otherwise i'd've been a little bit annoyed that i had awesome batteries but no way to charge them... :(
and i'm sure psp chargers are easy to come by...but still.
nimh sounds right for AA's. I think it would be pretty odd/bad/mean of them to not include a power supply with the pandora. The only device I can think of that has an inbuilt battery and doesn't come with a mains charger is an iPod (and other mp3 players), but I guess their reasoning is that you HAVE to have a computer to be able to use them, whereas the pandora 'theoretically' can be used as a standalone device.

trooper said:
Hi Eisner

Welcome to the fold. :)

This question has been asked before (Link below), There has been no offical word from what i have seen of the complete contents, But there has been mention of a TV-out cable, A mains charger, A usb cable (for transfer + charging), The battery, And obviously the Pandora. :rolleyes:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=42391&hl=

Trooper

THanks very much. Sorry, I missed this thread. Like I said, I am going to ( try :D ) and get one regardless but It is food for thought. I have been watching the forum for some time but have been very busy on my Pinball playfield reproduction project with Classic Playfield Reproductions ( CPR ).

Makes be wonder if there will be Future Pinball ported. Most likely not but I would love to play some Virtual Pinball with Pinmame on the Pandora....

D)

I would like to see a power cable at the very least. A case and as sehs33 said a stylus would be nice.

They said the stylus was gonna be stored inside the Pandora case (like the DS) didn`t they? So it would have to be in there.

Also, I guess the AV cable will probably only be a few cm long, with two ends (S-video and composite i think) so you`ll need your own longer cables to connect to a tv. I think it will be like the ones you put in the back of video cards.

You`ll also need to buy a headphone jack -> white/red L/R cable to pump the audio to your TV, right?

Mr Wendal said:
They said the stylus was gonna be stored inside the Pandora case (like the DS) didn`t they? So it would have to be in there.

Also, I guess the AV cable will probably only be a few cm long, with two ends (S-video and composite i think) so you`ll need your own longer cables to connect to a tv. I think it will be like the ones you put in the back of video cards.

You`ll also need to buy a headphone jack -> white/red L/R cable to pump the audio to your TV, right?

I thought that they would make the TV cable carry audio and video, less messy. It looks like they have 14 pins in the connector they chose, should be plenty for A/V and serial, with plenty of grounds. There might even be audio inputs there as well.

Back