What Is Your Average Battery Life ?

pkostrze

Website
vampireslug.deviantart.com
Most people have had their GP2X long enough now to have a pretty good idea what an average life expectancy for batteries would be so I was wondering:

1 - What type of battery are you using?

2- What is the longest you've used your GP2X without swapping batteries?

3 - What is the average life per type of battery?

and

4 - What is longest movie file you've been able to play without battery dying?

Given the range of battery life listed on different sites I thought it might be good to throw together a list of types (alkaline, rechargable, etc.) and average life by usage (gaming, movies, etc.).

On a similar note, will rechargable batteries charge if GP2X is plugged in with external power supply?

No they won't charge when you have a power adaptor plugged in.

1 - Panasonic 2600 batteries.

2 - This morning I started playing DrMd at about 5:30 and my batteries gave up at 1000, so 4h:30

3 - I think on average they last about 4 hours

4 - Not tested movie run time yet as I've gone and lost my 1gb card.

Around 3 hours using GP and Olympus 2100 mAh NiMH.

I'm satisfied as two sets of them are more than enough for a day.

Generic 2300 mAh batteries I got on sale, I get around 3-4 hours

I ordered some 2800 mAh batteries, I'll test them out when I get them.

On a similar note, will rechargable batteries charge if GP2X is plugged in with external power supply?

Just wondering, is it safe to have the batteries in the machine while we have an external power supply plugged in? Or should we remove the batteries everytime we use the external power supply?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread idea

I'm using Uniross 2500mah rechargables that I got in the UK (Not sure if that makes a difference, but added just in case).

I generally get around 4 hours play time with them playing games with full sound through speakers.

Generally quite happy, and keep 1 pair charging while using the other pair, and swap over when required.

PowerHub Industrial 1800mah NIMHs, ~ 2.5-3 hours, gonna switch to 2500+ mah batteries when I get a chance, but as it stands I have 3 pairs of these that I used from my GP32 so who knows when I'll change.

I played DrMD for about 1 hour, played "The Island" (Movie), played about 55min of music all 192kb/sec. This was through headphones, and It still was not dead. It died after trying to watch the island again. That was about 1/2 hour into it. So, its pretty good battery life for me. (2200 MAh Energizer 15min rechargables)

I use some generic 2500mAH batteries, and they lasted a movie which was almost 5 hours long. Usually I change them before they completly die cause programs don't run good with low battery,

but bottom line 4-5 hours average

Back