What Kind Of Painted Pandoras Would You Like To See?

gruso

thunderbox
Website
pandorapress.net
Trevsweb's post here made me realise that I'd much rather be discussing art than CPUs or queues. So here's a start.

I'm not nominating artists or anything, just showcasing the kind of things that have appeared over the course of the project. And this is just the tip of the iceberg! The aim is to provide a bit of inspiration, and hopefully get people talking about what kind of paint job they'd pay an extra few quid for.

WHAT THIS THREAD IS NOT:
- A place to discuss overclocking
- A place to air your thoughts on whether or not the limited 100 are a good idea
- Anything else unrelated to art

Let's keep it nice, and keep it on topic. :)

Traylorpark (more)
banner_dark_open1.jpg

panda_box1.jpg

Monk (more)
16706tk.png

e9eu1f.png

Asmo (more)
pantari.jpg

pastaction2sm.jpg

Mr Gonzo (more) (don't bump!)
zvu934.png

19264_1237078739151_1594711083_30579843_3090152_n.jpg

-Tj- (more)
20091210_Pandora.png

And one for SONY:
2RNGJ.jpg

[edit] Added "more" links next to each name. Feel free to promote your own talents in this thread too!

Attachments

• banner_dark_open1.jpg
    banner_dark_open1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 104
  • e9eu1f.png
    e9eu1f.png
    266.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 16706tk.png
    16706tk.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 106
  • panda_box1.jpg
    panda_box1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 108
  • pantari.jpg
    pantari.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see something pixellated-looking - like some sort of retro game or sprite inspired design. I know that's pretty vague, but I can't immediately think of anything to show as an example. :p (But, to try to give an example: Take a sprite of your favourite character, or a screenshot from a favourite old game, and zoom it in a bit - then crop it to show only an interesting or iconic looking portion of that - that's close to the gist of what's in my mind. :p)

I like Prometheus idea.
Perhaps after a year or two you could create something out of two graphically stunning Pandora games, one sprite based the other 3d.
If we were painting a gp2x then we could paint something like scenes form Wind and Water on one side and Payback on the other side.
But what to paint for now?

I'd love to own a Pandora with one of Asmo's designs! (probably a Speccy one)

And this seems like an appropriate thread to show off some of my work :)

(Warning: Massive pictures)
SoundlineSmall_Side.png

85 inches x 6 inches in Sharpie (I wish photobucket wouldn't make it so small :( )
Chase_Full_Side.png

Just a little something I put together with some of the backdrops from one of my animations.

(Warning: Not-so-massive pictures)
n896755480_607053_8639.jpg

Not that I would want a fish painted on my Pandora
n896755480_612045_1713.jpg

Not that I would want an icky hand painted on my Pandora

And a few links to some of my animations :)
http://vimeo.com/10846346
http://vimeo.com/10397257

Attachments

• SoundlineSmall_Side.png
    SoundlineSmall_Side.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Chase_Full_Side.png
    Chase_Full_Side.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 94
  • n896755480_612045_1713.jpg
    n896755480_612045_1713.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 97
  • n896755480_607053_8639.jpg
    n896755480_607053_8639.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 96
I'dd get TJ's...

edit: hum, or some of my rabbits...

i like the one pissed panda and the pandora girl her visor thing is cool and since i'm buying a headplay unit for when i just feel like the screen is to small and think i need my own personal 52 inch screen when i playing quake 2 or any thing else from my list of super nintendo roms it just seems fitting

I would like a surrealist /magritte themed "Ceci n'est pas un pandora" style case...
Magritte-Pipe1.jpg

f931-magritte-the-entrance2.jpg

I really like the zx one i saw on another thred so would love to see that ! if theres five designs we could have mabe 4 different system ones and a custom pandora themed one ?

I am really for a custom art Pandora.

As long as they don't paint any tribal nonsense on these things it's all going to be fine.

It's a nice way for OpenPandora to score some extra money, but I'm pretty satisfied with my plain black version of the console.

They seem more like backdrops. (although I do like!)
What about those mocked up, pimped out Pandora pics that was being posted? Like, spectrum, c64, cpc464 and electron designs?
Not sure if you remember what I'm on about.

Na-Noo said:
What about those mocked up, pimped out Pandora pics that was being posted? Like, spectrum, c64, cpc464 and electron designs?
You mean the ones linked to in the first post? Yeah I remember those.

Gruso said:
Na-Noo said:
You mean the ones linked to in the first post? Yeah I remember those.
Whoops, missed that button, that's what happens when scrolling in small window at work. :lol:
Well, yea, there the ones I like :ph34r:

I'd love to have my pandora painted in metallic red and gold. I really liked my limited edition GBA micro in famicom colours, in was a tad 'iron man' but it looked sexay.

The Asmo ones are really nice. I'm not much for wallpaper type pictures on these sort of devices.

Back