• ReactOS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MorphOS

• AmigaOS

• Total voters

Digitalrat

Regarding that there seem to be many new linux-users in the scene now, I would be interested what operating system everyone uses.

I hope I didn't forget any famous OS. :)

cough Windows XP cough...

I know its lame, but i can´t play most of my games on linux...
But i also have a linux installation (Suse) on my HDD, don´t use it much, but still :)

Windows XP

ive got linux ( knoppix ) on my second partition but i never use it ever. one day im gonna format it and get my 10gb back...

Main desktop: FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE. I also have a Windows XP Professional partition but I only really boot into it to burn DC games these days. (Seems like all the DC games are in .cdi format and the tools for converting them to ISOs don't work for some reason.)
Laptop: Ubuntu 5.04. I'm going to step up to 5.10 when I finish a few projects I'm working on, and maybe dual boot it with Slackware or NetBSD (or maybe even Zeta, if it will play nice with my hardware) just to play around with something different.

I've also got a firewall/dhcp server on my lan that runs FreeBSD 4.11 but the hardware is dying so I've been bypassing it lately.

At work I'm stuck with XP Pro. Stupid tech support.

Home - Windows XP 64bit / Win2k and soon Windows Vista Beta when i get round to insTalling it.

Work - XPPro, Windows 2003 Server

Its all win win windows cound my way :blink:

Fedora Core 4. Linux is much more efficient and there are way less viruses/spyware/etc, and also open source :)

I use quite a few OS'es actually:
Mac OSX on my G4 - my main system
Windows XP Pro / BeOS Zeta & Mandrake on my P4 - my pc system
Windows XP Home on my Laptop

Sometimes I still use Workbench 3.x on my Amiga and TOS 1.4 on my Atari ST

What are some good up-to-date live linux distros I can burn?

with gnome: Ubuntu live (http://www.ubuntu.com/)
with kde: Kubuntu live (http://www.kubuntu.org/)

Does any of the AmigaOS running people run AmigaOS4?

I for myself use Ubuntu 5.10 mainly and Windows XP (just for some games). Love to try different OSs. :)

I tried Linux once; I was constantly in dependancy hell. I hate Linux with a passion, and it serves no purpose when it comes to me.

Windows forever.

Viperman5686 posted on Oct 31 2005 at 02:01 PM said:
I tried Linux once; I was constantly in dependancy hell. I hate Linux with a passion, and it serves no purpose when it comes to me.

Windows forever.

It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools. I've had dependency problems maybe 3 times in the last five years across several Unix-style OSes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Viperman5686 posted on Oct 31 2005 at 04:01 PM said:

Windows forever.

Take your time with it. Research the distro you want to read an FAQ/Tutorial beforehand. Download a Live CD so you dont have to make another partition and you can just mess around with it without taking up HDD space or in case something goes wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back