What should I do now?

nolongeractive

Still Fresh
Hi!

I received my Pandora yesterday. I opened the packaging and examined the unit and it looked very nice. It was just perfect. But unfortunately, there is a small fault in this unit that I think you didn´t see. There is a black, tiny particle between the touchscreen foil and the LCD. After all this issues and faults, I think the Pandora is nothing for me. I´m going to think about if I can live with this issue or not until next week. But IF I want to send it in for a refund, can I also send in the Pandora Carry Case and the extra battery (both has never been used because my Pandora has travelled to Germany so many times) to be refunded as well? I don´t need those if I don´t have a Pandora. Sorry for this, but I think this is the only option. As said, I´m going to think about it and maybe send it in next week.

Didn't I mention last time I'm pretty sure I cannot provide you a unit which you will want to keep...?

I haven't personally seen that particle, but it might've hidden inside the frame and came out while it was being shaken during shipping.

It should be possible to rub it below the frame again.

However, you will ALWAYS have issues with dust below touchscreens (or the glass in front of a normal screen) after a while... every device I have has this issue.

All my phones, my PSP, my DS. Dust will always find a way in somehow.

Maybe some picture of it would help...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't I mention last time I'm pretty sure I cannot provide you a unit which you will want to keep...?

I haven't personally seen that particle, but it might've hidden inside the frame and came out while it was being shaken during shipping.

However, you will ALWAYS have issues with dust below touchscreens (or the glass in front of a normal screen) after a while... every device I have has this issue.

Of course, how do I upload the pictures?

I have sent them through e-mail to you.

I have sent them through e-mail to you.

UPDATE: The touchscreen seems not sensitive over the area with the black spot.

What does "not"sensitive" mean? Can you move the partictle? How big is that area?

Would be nice, if you could upload a picture of it here.

Well, if the touchscreen really doesn't work because of this, he has a valid complaint imho.

Eh, I would just refund minus 20% restocking fee. I think pretty standard in the retail world. Actually ED's level of service is way above the norm.

I think emiger47 doesnt understand this is a handmade product and there is pretty much no such thing as a perfectly flawless unit. This is not a Nintendo or Sony product. It's not manufactured in 1,000's in a cleanroom by Foxconn. Pandora is a hobby product manufactured by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. There will be little blemishes here and there, especially the screen bezel. This is well known.

I feel really pissed off seeing ED's good will being taken advantage of. I don't know what else to say.

What do you mean by that I can rub away it. I tried with the stylus and it doesn't move.

^ Try with your fingernail. It really shouldn't be difficult to figure out that the screen works by having a secondary layer above the glass proper, and that you can't manipulate dust under its surface with a blunt object.

^ Try with your fingernail. It really shouldn't be difficult to figure out that the screen works by having a secondary layer above the glass proper, and that you can't manipulate dust under its surface with a blunt object.

Can I do it with something that doesn't scratch the screen.

A fingernail shouldn't be able to cause any damage unless you've filed it to a point, stereotypical "Wicked Witch"-style... ;)

Did you peel off the thin plastic protective sheet that comes on the screen for shipping purposes?

Back