Whatever Happened To Rlyeh?

IntenseWage

Website
Visit site
I sold my GP2X a few days ago so I guess it doesn't really matter to me anymore, but out of curiousity, whatever happened to Rlyeh? He was supposed to have that big "f-day" ages ago and that never materialized. It's too bad since his emulators were excellent when he actually finished them. Is he quietly working on something for GP2X?

Rlyeh must be working on f2x-day. *snicker* I guess it would be kind of hard to come around the forums after promising a bunch of emulators on one big f-day, which never materialized. Of course it really wasn't that long ago that he release his minimal library.

Apparently F-day has become H-day and his emulators will come out for a number of platforms all at once. I'm looking forward to it but who knows when it will be so live in the now and enjoy what we have. :)

IntenseWage posted on Aug 22 2006 at 02:15 PM said:
I sold my GP2X a few days ago so I guess it doesn't really matter to me anymore, but out of curiousity, whatever happened to Rlyeh? He was supposed to have that big "f-day" ages ago and that never materialized. It's too bad since his emulators were excellent when he actually finished them. Is he quietly working on something for GP2X?

You shouldn't ask about things like this. You know there are certain oversensitive individuals that will come and flame you for "wondering" and prodding devs to hurry up and make me an emu. As of yesterday "wondering" is no longer allowed :p Oh wait, that just pertains to me ;)

Anyway last I heard he was taking a break from coding. Real life I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he moved recently to another city, has a girlfriend to take care of, and a life, like some of you may think.
He is a busy man now.

its not long ago when he released a GPE file compressor for the gp2x. so yes, hes still coding.... and i gotta say it would be the best if he could a lil' anouncement of what happened to f-day and what is actually going on. I mean, that doesnt take TOO long, right? 2 lines of what he is doing right now and what happened to f-day would be good enough for me... but no real messages at all just leaves us all in the dark.

( http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,14,879 ) (beware: dont use with psx4gp2x, it will make the gpe file not find your psx bios)

DaveC posted on Aug 22 2006 at 05:02 PM said:

You shouldn't ask about things like this. You know there are certain oversensitive individuals that will come and flame you for "wondering" and prodding devs to hurry up and make me an emu. As of yesterday "wondering" is no longer allowed :p Oh wait, that just pertains to me ;)

Very surprised that you didn't flame him, but the day is still young......la da dada da daaaaaa....

DSR

K-teto posted on Aug 22 2006 at 06:45 PM said:
Well, he moved recently to another city, has a girlfriend to take care of, and a life, like some of you may think.
He is a busy man now.
Well it's nice to know some men get their priorities correct!!! :D

dsraa posted on Aug 22 2006 at 07:02 PM said:
Very surprised that you didn't flame him, but the day is still young......la da dada da daaaaaa....

DSR
Don't you dare, do you have any idea how much effort and time it takes to write on emulator, let alone all those he promised. If you want the lot, then get onto Pay pal and give the guy some incentive. If he writes even one tiny line of code, he's already doing you a favour.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 22 2006 at 06:15 PM said:
dsraa posted on Aug 22 2006 at 07:02 PM said:

DSR
Don't you dare, do you have any idea how much effort and time it takes to write on emulator, let alone all those he promised. If you want the lot, then get onto Pay pal and give the guy some incentive. If he writes even one tiny line of code, he's already doing you a favour.

Umm was this directed at me or DaveC? I made the comment in-jest to DaveC, so I dunno what you mean. I totally agree with you on your comment, I am very appreciative of all the emulators that are out and the various states they are in, regardless of whether they are perfect or not.

DSR

K-teto posted on Aug 22 2006 at 12:45 PM said:
He is a busy man now.
She cant take care of herself? :D

DaveC posted on Aug 22 2006 at 05:02 PM said:

dave... be the bigger man and don't start another flame war between you and epicenter...

kinda reminds me of that duke nukem forever situation: no teasers, but everyone keeps up the hope ;-)

Well if ryleh decides it's time for f/h-day, it shall be. But until then... we have to have faith and wait.

K-teto posted on Aug 22 2006 at 05:45 PM said:
He is a busy man now.

One thing that would be nice though. That would be to release the source code so others can continue where he left off. It would be a shame to let all of that work just die to not be seen in some form at least. Those were some of the nicest emus around.

What emulators were these? They were probably announced/released around when I was unable to get online at all, most of last Winter. Real Life(tm) is a bitch, I'm experiencing that firsthand all the time.

I'm not saying don't be curious about updates. Some developers need some prodding to get motivated. (Like me, on occasion.) I just don't recommend becoming overly catastrophic if there's a lapse in development.

Epicenter posted on Aug 22 2006 at 07:49 PM said:
What emulators were these? They were probably announced/released around when I was unable to get online at all, most of last Winter. Real Life(tm) is a bitch, I'm experiencing that firsthand all the time.

I'm not saying don't be curious about updates. Some developers need some prodding to get motivated. (Like me, on occasion.) I just don't recommend becoming overly catastrophic if there's a lapse in development.

Err... speaking of prodding, do you have any proof of concept of your project at all?

Back