Whatever happened to the DIY FLU kit?

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
Here I am, playing in the dark, and I'd like a the GP32 flood light unit, but I don't want to shell out ~$200 for a new unit. I've been looking on gbax.com and it still hasn't been released yet.

Does Gamepark have any plans on releasing a DIY kit of the FLU? If not, has anyone tried modifying an Afterburner? Since the GBA and the GP32 are almost the same size, it would fit at least, but there may be additional problems...

--general "nihilist" mx

Nobody knows... the troubba I seeeeeen. Nobody knows, my sorrow. Nobody knows the troubba I seeeen... ooooh lloordd.. something mubbley joe....

It is a couple of months over-due. The only english speaking person that would probably know would be Craigx.

Afterburner I think is not feasable as the GP32 screensize is a whole wack bigger.

an afterburner........ bah, it isn't possible unless you want the picture to look like crap.

iirc the way that most (all?) frontligts work is this:
there is a piece of glass with REALLY small grooves on it , so small that you can't see them, these grooves are one one side of the glass (the side facing down on the lcd) on one of the edges there is some type of lighting , usually leds or a small cold cathode light. the light from the leds goes throught the glass and gets redirected onto the lcd thus lighting it.

i hope this helps everyone understand the way front lights work.

one other option that i've seen (on mobile phones and such) is side lighting, using leds on the sides of the lcd (above the panel) to light it........ this might be easy if you used surface mount leds, altho they are really small and (probobly) not easy to solder, it may work....... ;)

Im doing a hack to my gp32 when i get it so i have start and select hooked up to another 2 buttons so i can play the snes emu perfectly and im also gonna add a light to the gp32 but i havent seen inside it yet but it prob gonna be a backlight version not frontlight still have to do some calculations but battery time wont be taken down much at all about 8hr to 9hr

:ph34r:

I emailed craig a while ago asking if he had any in cos it said on some site that he should have some, he said that he keeps gettin promised them by the company but they never deliver. No idea if he's gona ever get any <_<

I just make do with my modified $11.00 Flood Light with the velcro. It's not pretty, but it works and didn't cost $200.

Back