Whats better, Cheddar or Swiss?

Swiss_Cheeseman

SwissCM
Who prefers Cheddar over Swiss cheese? Who doesn't like cheese? What do you have your cheese with?

Coming from a religious family, I would have to go with the swiss.. on account of its holiness. Cheddar is just plain cheezy in my opinion, though I find that only true cheese aficionados can really appreciate its culture. I've just about milked these puns for all they're worth. Better stop before things turn sour.. then again, I guess I could churn out a few more. Do you dairy me to?

Well, when I was in America it was cheddar, yummy, yummy, yummy! But here in Germany the chedar is disgusting (not sharp enough, I'm not complaning of it not being artificial :p) and I hate swiss, so here are my favorites:

In America) Cheddar
In Germany) Parmazon (sp?)

Swiss cheese, of course, being Swiss myself! :p

But I'm not sure if you mean the same with "Swiss Cheese" than I do. We have about
450 different types of cheese in Switzerland. The stuff you can buy in Australia or
the US is probably some type of Emmentaler (the one with holes in it).
Try Sprinz, Gruyère or Appenzeller if you can find it.
Italian cheese is also excellent. Fresh Gorgonzola.... yummy!

rcx: You probably mean Parmesan or Parmigiano, an originally Italian hard cheese.

if i had to choose between the 2 i would choose chedder.

BUT if i could choose another type it would be cheshire cheese (from where i live!!!!)

cheshire is in england, just in case you don't know.

the cheese is both creamy and crumberly its lovelly.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cheddar dude. I prefer cheddar. although 'tasty' isn't too bad.

....I tried both with my gp32, but it's difficult to slice it thin enough to fit the SMC slot.

Yes I did mean that, and I know where it comes from, too because my dad is Italian and I can speak (but not read or write) Italian :p

vintage cheddar,with the crystals that almost burn your mouth,arrrrgggghhhh gotta buy some now,need some STRONG cheddar

have to go for Wensleydale, wallace and gromits favourite cheese too, also partial to a drop of Brie

MrT

well most chesses are better than these American cheeses, no taste to speak of and so processed.

Caerphilly is quite nice too.

Edam is okay for cooking with

And a nice red lancashire with piccalilly takes some beating

Back