What's Everyone's Favorate Software So Far

mvickers03

What do you find yourselves playing the most on your Pandora so far guys,

My Favs are:

Various Scumm titles (currently Day of the Tentacle, SNES (mostly Mario World), and Pandora Panic

Oh yeah I finished Out of this world for shits and giggles, love that game

here it would be snes and amiga. cant get scummvm to work atm which is abit lame but prob just my sd card playing about.

My absolute favourite so far is Snes9x4D4P. The SNES is my favourite console of all-time, after all. :p

Prometheus said:
My absolute favourite so far is Snes9x4D4P. The SNES is my favourite console of all-time, after all. :p

How do I run it with proper sound? I was following the other thread, but the answer eludes me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lurkio Giana Return is very good, but I still prefer the original on the Amiga. I think I'll wait for a more Pandora specific version of UAE4all or something similar to play that,

@Prometheus I hope Starfox works on the SNES emu as I'll play that at some point, not had chance to try it yet, I don't have many SNES roms ATM,

@Mutilator, what's causing a problem? does the app actually go to the main Scumm game selector GUI?

I just noticed a Gameboy advance emulator has just been released here http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,80

@Someguy99 The SNES sound works fine by default for me? :blink:

I can't get enough MAME right now, I've always loved MAME and always will .. nothing like laying in bed with a massive old-school video arcade at your disposal. JUNO FIRST has me in its grip, and CRAZY CLIMBER 1 & 2 are goto favourites for the shitter ..

Torpor got his Pandora, thats great news, what plans do you have for developing if you don't mind me asking :)

I still have MAME to go yet, how is the sound?

Torpor got his Pandora, thats great news, what plans do you have for developing if you don't mind me asking :)

I'm going to be working mostly on music-making applications and will try to complete the Gridwars-clone soon as well.

SomeGuy99 said:
How do I run it with proper sound? I was following the other thread, but the answer eludes me.
One of skeezix's posts in that thread mentions creating a text file called "args.txt" in the emulator's directory in appdata, and putting the following line in it;

Code:
-sq 5

mvickers03 said:
@Prometheus I hope Starfox works on the SNES emu as I'll play that at some point, not had chance to try it yet, I don't have many SNES roms ATM,
I wrote a bit about this in my "first impressions" thread. It works, but it has some speed/sync issues - it goes too fast and the audio is not in line with the visuals (and sometimes gets cut off due to things going too quickly), even when not overclocked. It's an old Snes9x thing, not something to do with this port specifically.

mvickers03 said:
I still have MAME to go yet, how is the sound?
Identical to how v0.106 is on an x86 machine, except sometimes, seemingly at random, it will start crackling a little bit. You can make that stop quickly by hitting "P" (the default pause button) and then hitting it again.

PRometheus -- the default for snes9x4d4p _3 build that day is sq 5, so you don't need to make your own args file up.

http://www.codejedi.com/pandora/snes9x4d4p/binaries/snes9x4d4p_20100601_3.pnd

Defaults are good; only ned args.txt if you want to goof around with random other args :)

jeff

Haha, I had no idea. I just ran it, made the file, and got on with it. Thanks for that. :D

I can confirm that you don't need to create the arguments (i'm using the latest version now, cheers).

All these different PND files and different versions (some of which work, and some don't) is a little chaotic I have to say!

:lol:

SomeGuy99 said:
All these different PND files and different versions (some of which work, and some don't) is a little chaotic I have to say!
New system made by a small team, it will probably be like this for a while.

second exodous said:
SomeGuy99 said:
New system made by a small team, it will probably be like this for a while.

Absolutely. I think there needs to be more testing of PNDs before uploading. Perhaps the app store should have a 'testing' area for new uploads?

thats why I posted the _3 build on my server, and its not uploaded officially to the dl.open or appstore yet :)

jeff

Maybe there should be a 'BETA' button added onto the appstore, click it and all the beta stuff will be shown with some sort of identifier like red boarder or something. That way you know that everything made for the Pandora is on there.

I loved playing Doom 3 on it. In my dreams. This thread is so unfair, like 20 people that can participate in it.

Phawx said:
I loved playing Doom 3 on it. In my dreams. This thread is so unfair, like 20 people that can participate in it.

Somebody should totally make a Doom 3 WAD for Doom. That would rock so hard.

Back