When Did The 400th Person Place Their Order

sparkymark

Website
Visit site
Bit of a long shot but has anybody worked out or can the dev's tell us at what point the first 400 were sold. Just trying to figure out whether I'm in the first 400 or not.

I really really wanted to take it skiing with me so I could show it off to my friends in February. Where I stay we have full use of the bar at night and we normally hook Ipods up to the mixer. Imagine the awe and respect (or shouts of geek <_< ) when I hook up my :pandora1: and set a playlist off or let them choose songs with the touchscreen

Sad I know but it's the small things like this that make me really want this machine :D

It's all conjecture at this point - some people like me did not get a valid order number and paid by bank transfer - the one I got was date based

At some point nearer the actual shipment dates you can expect the devs to release further details - but for now hoping your in the first 400 unless you have a order number which confirms you are in that range is just pro-longing the agony :(

I realise alot of folks held back from re-ordering via credit card and that has resulted in people wanting to know what their place in the queue now is, but please be patient for now, and let the devs do what they should be spending their time on which is getting everything ready for the first Production batch rather than wasting time trying to update a queue system for those of us who have paid up front.

We are in the last stretch and just hang-on a little bit longer - I too missed out on using the Pandora on a recent trip before Xmas, look at this way and think of all your future trips you WILL be using it on. :D

=====
gp32_console + :gp2x and Hopefully Very Soon ... :pandora1:

http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/

Why does it matter if you were in the first 400 or not? The unofficial blog quotes EvilDragon as saying that all the LCDs are paid for and ready to ship. And other posts suggest that production will start in the next couple of weeks for all units. So, being in the first 400 won't necessarily mean that you get it significantly sooner than someone with order number 600.

Source:
http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/01/0...on-update-lcds/

In what way does it help knowing what place you're in? Either you get it on time, or you don't. Even if you knew your position in the queue, it shouldn't make any difference in your actions. Even if you knew you were in the first 400, and that yours would be shipping real soon, all that would do is get you worked up and over-excited. And then what happens if there's another delay? Disappointment. Just relax; they'll all get out there eventually. For the sake of sanity, assume it's not going to arrive before your trip, prepare your iPod and whatever else you may as if you were to be the last person to receive theirs. Then, if they aren't delivered until March, you're no worse off, but if it arrives on time you feel even more joy.

Not to mention that it's a SKI trip ;) . Go have fun, it's a good excuse to forget this stuff for a bit. I was pretty happy to get out to the mountains myself last weekend, and not think about work or really awesome gadgets that I want right now. :)

emil10001 said:
Why does it matter if you were in the first 400 or not? The unofficial blog quotes EvilDragon as saying that all the LCDs are paid for and ready to ship. And other posts suggest that production will start in the next couple of weeks for all units. So, being in the first 400 won't necessarily mean that you get it significantly sooner than someone with order number 600.

Source:
http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/01/0...on-update-lcds/

But in the forum post on gp2x.de he also said they would be starting with batches of 400. And some of those will probably be sent directly to his shop, so he can supply at least some of his customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely just me, but I don't understand the obsession with the ranking nr....
It's not like the 401'the will have to wait months..all parts seam to be coming in nicely.

and frankly I hope I'm getting one of the later batches, they are bound to find one or 2 little quirks when assembling :)

I'm actually hoping that I get my email later rather than sooner. I can't say that I'm in a huge hurry to fork over the money this time around. I'd rather that they had everything squared away and the Pandoras pretty much ready to ship first, that way I wouldn't have to worry about any future headaches if something else delays it. Sounds like they may be getting there but I'm pretty sure they felt that way last time around too. Here's hoping they finally catch a break and everything goes smoothly this time.

Polossatik said:
Most likely just me, but I don't understand the obsession with the ranking nr....
It's not like the 401'the will have to wait months..all parts seam to be coming in nicely.

and frankly I hope I'm getting one of the later batches, they are bound to find one or 2 little quirks when assembling :)
depends whether or not your an impatient person. :D

I'm in the US and still waiting for that reorder e-mail. My refund came a while after everyone else's so I guess I must be pretty far back in the line.

Frogboy said:
Here's hoping they finally catch a break and everything goes smoothly this time.

Surely they are about due some luck? Let's hope it rolls sweetly now, for their sake as much as ours.

sparkymark said:
Bit of a long shot but has anybody worked out or can the dev's tell us at what point the first 400 were sold. Just trying to figure out whether I'm in the first 400 or not.

I really really wanted to take it skiing with me so I could show it off to my friends in February. Where I stay we have full use of the bar at night and we normally hook Ipods up to the mixer. Imagine the awe and respect (or shouts of geek <_< ) when I hook up my :pandora1: and set a playlist off or let them choose songs with the touchscreen

Sad I know but it's the small things like this that make me really want this machine :D
Isn't it evident?

Your P will arrive the minute your car or bus leaves town. :)
i would give the neighbours the adress of oyur hotel where you will stay, so they can send it to you.

If you are from .de, tell you rneighbours to send it to me :)
I have order in the preorder-extension. therefore I will relax, because it won't be here before march. And if it does. I will be very happy :)

I just don't know, what I will do when people are posting here about thir Ps and I am still waiting for mine :(

Back