When will the TV Out cables be sent

doragasu

Two years ago, when I ordered my Pandora, I also ordered a TV Out cable. Now I have my Pandora and it's a great device, but I'm still waiting the TV Out cable... When are these cables going to ship?

This is of my personal interest too... any news on that? If my Pandora had a TV out cable ready it would so kick the bawls of my current TV media player...

TV out is the big accessory missing! i recall someone was going to put in a bulk order of their own anyone know what happend to that? also there was a thread where someone had made their own, anyone find that link? have searched but to no avail.

cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also like to see an update on this. Last mention we got that I know of was Craig mentioning end of March.

Also does anybody know if the conector mating the one in the Pandora can be bought for example at Digikey?

Also does anybody know if the conector mating the one in the Pandora can be bought for example at Digikey?
Not at digikey. There are a few places it can be purchased but only in batches of 500 with an 8 week lead time. Every time this comes up, there's a lot of enthusiasm, someone offers to buy them, then we never hear about it again.

Ok, I'm putting my foot down. If I don't hear from anyone by this Friday saying they've already ordered, or from OPT saying they'll sell off their spares, I will order up the connectors myself.

I have no idea how many people ordered tv out cables, but for every order that gets sent *without* the cable that should is another order they are going to have to pay shipping out of pocket.

Seeing how I paid 29 EUR to ship my pandora, I can only imagine that times thousand? would get just stupid expensive.

How much would the batch of 500 cost?
As I recall they were 8 cents a piece. The only reason I haven't ordered before is because they have a minimum total order of $100 for shipping to Canada, and this would only come to about $40, so I need to come up with $60 of other stuff I want.

8 cents a piece!?

Man! that's way cheaper than I remember ordering a cord for!
The cord is 10 feet of copper, pre-soldered, with a professional plastic housing. The connector is probably the cheapest part of the whole thing.

Hi

Just seen EDs Video on the TV out :)

Any news as to when this will be ready ?

Is there anywhere I can order one in advance ?

Not at digikey. There are a few places it can be purchased but only in batches of 500 with an 8 week lead time. Every time this comes up, there's a lot of enthusiasm, someone offers to buy them, then we never hear about it again.

Ok, I'm putting my foot down. If I don't hear from anyone by this Friday saying they've already ordered, or from OPT saying they'll sell off their spares, I will order up the connectors myself.

If you finally order the connectors, please let me know, maybe I can buy you some. I'm interested in the UART and GPIO :)

Back