When You Read Comic Books / Strips / Manga...

When you read comic books / strips / manga, do you "animate" the pictures and provide voic

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Biscuit!

• The other voices in my head distract me too much

• I'm sam fisher

• Total voters

Yes, I follow the story as if it was happening inside my mind. Ditto with books. Often the locations are borrowed right from real life (e.g. the hero's bedroom might look identical to mine) but basically as I read it, I visualise it. I can't actually 'not' do this. On the other hand when reading posts I don't visualise someone on a PC typing them, so meh.

EDIT: I hope only ONE person votes 'I'm sam fisher'... otherwise the rumours are true!

once I've imagined a location, it sticks.
And I can't change it. But they're normally really ace so i don't care. The computer hasn't fully wiped out my imaginiation quite yet ;)

Yes, I do so, too. But i never read books, only mangas. And unfortunately i don´t have any manga-book, for they are hard to find around here.

We have a good manga shop in town, also I used Amazon before I discovered this :)

I read Lone Wolf And Cub book 2 last night and it freaked me out after reading this thread; I dont usually think about how Im reading :unsure:

I provide the voices in my head but I don't animate the pictures if it's a comic/manga (which is pretty much all I read), so I voted 'yes'.

It's really strange to read a book/comic and you have your own image in your head of how these characters should be talking and acting, then you watch the live action/animated version and it's totally different. Makes it feel 'wrong', even though it probably isn't.

Huxley posted on Sep 20 2004 at 01:13 PM said:
I provide the voices in my head but I don't animate the pictures if it's a comic/manga (which is pretty much all I read), so I voted 'yes'.

It's really strange to read a book/comic and you have your own image in your head of how these characters should be talking and acting, then you watch the live action/animated version and it's totally different. Makes it feel 'wrong', even though it probably isn't.
lol how true, Dennis the Menace sounded a lot more gay than I always imagined him as a kid :(

Last edited by a moderator:
And sonic in Sonic X. They killed him and installed a child in his dead skin.

Yes!

Spray: What do I sound like?

kknd_cf posted on Sep 20 2004 at 04:53 PM said:
Huxley posted on Sep 20 2004 at 01:13 PM said:

lol how true, Dennis the Menace sounded a lot more gay than I always imagined him as a kid :(

Aye, that cartoon is shite. Glad it didn't exist when I read the Beano.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back