Where Is The New Info On The Panda?

Mr B

Well, X-mass came, and went, and so did the end of the last year. Where is the promised updates on the official home page?
B!

DaveC, from ya own linky... "Giant Panda"

And, Atomicthumbs... Oddly enough, i've seen a few peeps aside from me calling it 'The Panda.' Just like people call the Playstation / PSone PSX. I think you might have to live with that.
B!

glad to hear that it's coming, but can we still have updates on the official page as promised? Or take away the part saying "Hi there, we will be adding information over Christmas and the new year". Otherwise the mainstream media will get the impression that it's vaporware...

Hah mainstream media <_< I hope you were referring to the community when you said this and that other tech site.

Hi there, we are preparing an FAQ and
weblogs for the current team.

I guess that was the new information. :lol:

But seriously, I can't wait. I wonder what the first post on the blog will say?

Edit:
For the team? What is that supposed to mean? We are all members of the current team, TEAM AMERICA! **** yeah, were the ***s and the *****es suck on my ****s!

Well, it WAS an update after all... Lets hope they come forward with a bit more, soon. I'd say they are acknowledging the error they made by completely ignoring the thread, hoping for it to die silently.
B!

craigix said:
Epi
Not that i understand the reference, but i assume its aimed at me.

craigix said:
if you are not going to buy the unit why are you still here trolling the boards?
Last time i checked, there was design changes promised, and i still haven't given up on the hope that you would wake up and smell the dawn of a new day, and make a second device with the same hardware, and fixing the issues there is with this first generation. But with this attitude, fook you, and your toy. You cant stay true to what you stated yourself, you cant keep your timeline, and you cant even be bothered to make a 2 line statement about it, "hey, we are sorry, we been so hard at work, we simply haven't made the deadline on this new info pages, so we hope to have them up in the next few days."

You know what? To hell with you, and your right, i ain't buying your toy, so i save that amount of cash. Being a better person then you, i do however still hope you get some response from the market, and that you at least sell enough to break even.
Your machine might turn out to be great, but your a POS.
B!

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Epi if you are not going to buy the unit why are you still here trolling the boards?
I was wrong about Keyboard Cowboy but I REALLY don't think it's Epicenter this time.

It's an old GP2X scenario.

Someone finds faults in a system that maybe other people see or maybe it only applies to themselves.

After informing everyone about these faults, they would go on and on and on about it in every thread. Say for example this type of person hated the control stick in the GP2X F100. If someone was to release a game and everyone loved it and congratulated the author, this person would say, it sucks because the stick makes to impossible to play the game correctly.

The reason why they do this is because they so desperatly want the next revision to fix these problems, that they feel they should keep bringing the issues up. And because this forum is unique in the way that people can feedback into the design process, they feel that they can make a difference.

But in the end, most people are excited about these gadgets. I was and am still excited about the GP2X. I know there were flaws that have been fixed after each revision. But I'm confident that Craigix, ED, MW and Co. are collecting feedback. I can see how feedback from the thread has made it into device via (MW) minus the tonne of crazies produced daily there.

atomicthumbs said:
2. it is not called the panda
But from those pics of the white unit (which I like better than the black one btw), with the black keyboard and dpad/buttons... make it look the same colours as a real Panda... so why not a bit aof fun/pun on the name. And Panda can be gotten if your 'shorten' the name Pandora.

[/b]B' date='Jan 2 2008, 08:11 AM' post='576821']
Oddly enough, i've seen a few peeps aside from me calling it 'The Panda.'

I always liked the name 'Project Bumblebee' myself.

Back