Where Is Wifi App?

chuckr

Still Fresh
When I first booted my Pandora, the Wifi came up, showed me some various nets that were already in my apartment house, and since I didn't havfe one of my own, I ignored it. Now I have a Linksys E1000, but I can't locate that wifi icon. I can't have it wrong because every time I log in again, it tells me that I ought to open it and shows me what icon to look for, but I can't find it anywhere. Can you tell me what category it should be in, or give me some other hint, so I can open it back up again?

Can you see a little icon with two computers (well, they look more like little boxes, but they're meant to be computers, I assume :p) with red crosses over them, near to the clock? (I don't have my Pandora open to check right now, so please pardon me if this description is a little vague.)

Prometheus said:
Can you see a little icon with two computers (well, they look more like little boxes, but they're meant to be computers, I assume :p ) with red crosses over them, near to the clock? (I don't have my Pandora open to check right now, so please pardon me if this description is a little vague.)

Great, found it, though, to be honest, it seems like a rather idiotic bug, to give a login message explicitly telling you to look for what seems to be 3-4 wavefronts in blue, then to actually hide the REAL app as those two boxes. Sometimes I'm too literal, so maybe this isn't a bug, but it sure looks like one to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the message really explicitly tell you to look for that? :blink: I've used Network Manager elsewhere (on a netbook that I had before I had my Pandora), so perhaps I sort of glossed over it and gravitated toward what resembled a typical "Network disconnected" icon to my eyes. :p

If it does tell you to look for that, it may be worth bringing it to the attention of the team.

Back