Which are the best mice that work with the Pandora.

Jerry

Still Fresh
I think I have read some info before, but I cant find it again. Will the Apple magic mouse work with the pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have read some info before, but I cant find it again. Will the Apple magic mouse work with the pandora?

Any USB mouse will work, but most mice are USB 1.1 only. Pandora's regular sized USB port, not the smaller OTG one is USB 2.0 only.. meaning it only does high speed. so in this case you need to use a USB 2.0 hub to use USB 1.1 devices. or you can find an adapter to plug the smaller OTG usb port to a regular USB plug.

I use this hub personally: http://www.amazon.com/USB-2-0-3-Port-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B002OFJRW6

I have a Microsoft bluetooth mouse and it works perfectly with the pandora.

I like these Sweex mini optical mice for use with the Pandora. I think it looks silly if your mouse is bigger than your computer.

sweexminiopticalusbmous.jpg

TrashyMG: Mmmm I like the hub with ethernet.

Thanks so very much for the replies, I can use the information; :)

Any USB mouse will work, but most mice are USB 1.1 only. Pandora's regular sized USB port, not the smaller OTG one is USB 2.0 only.. meaning it only does high speed. so in this case you need to use a USB 2.0 hub to use USB 1.1 devices. or you can find an adapter to plug the smaller OTG usb port to a regular USB plug.

I use this hub personally: http://www.amazon.com/USB-2-0-3-Port-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B002OFJRW6

Trashy -- whats that with the ethernet adapter on it? you make use of that?

jeff

Trashy -- whats that with the ethernet adapter on it? you make use of that?

jeff

Yeah that's a 3 port USB 2.0 Hub with an ethernet adapter and it's fairly small enough to travel with too.. It works fine with the Pandora right out of the box, I actually bought that for my beagleboard a while ago so I knew it was Angstrom friendly.. I've found myself in a situation every so often where I don't have Wifi so it has come in handy.

We actually include usb-ethernet drivers in the firmware? I thought we dropped all those out around HF1 :) (Or are you/someone building the driver each kernel bump?)

IF thats plug-and-play and works for usb-ethernet, then I'll nab one right away so let me know; pretty good overall price for usb hub+ethernet, could be handy. (I'm using ethernet over powerline in my place now, and my powerline adapter has 4 ethernet ports on it.. hmm.

jeff

We actually include usb-ethernet drivers in the firmware? I thought we dropped all those out around HF1 :) (Or are you/someone building the driver each kernel bump?)

IF thats plug-and-play and works for usb-ethernet, then I'll nab one right away so let me know; pretty good overall price for usb hub+ethernet, could be handy. (I'm using ethernet over powerline in my place now, and my powerline adapter has 4 ethernet ports on it.. hmm.

jeff

Well I got my Pandora with HF4 and now using a full reflash of HF5, I haven't built any special drivers or played with the kernel at all.. so it's still there

Amazon won't ship it to Canada; bastards :/

jeff
Get someone you know from the USA to buy and in turn ship it to you. Voila~!

Not so simple.

I sent a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse to a friend in CA. Shipping was $25. When it arrived it had $50 duty assigned to it that the recipient had to pay.

I had gotten it as a door prize and was -giving- it away. The same thing sells on Ebay for $20-$40.

Sometimes they flag stuff - sometimes they don't.

I have a Logitech track ball. One of the older ones with the red wheel off to the side.

9625.jpg

This guy does not seem to work with my Pandora. Just to be clear, I should just be able to plug this guy into the USB port in the back and it should be up and running right? Do i need to configure some settings on the Pandora? The track ball works great on my little Ubuntu powered net book and can be plugged in and out with out any issue.

The power ratting of the track ball is 5V at 100mA, is that too much of a power draw maybe? :blink:

If you have any ideas let me know please.

Thx a million.

I have a Logitech track ball. One of the older ones with the red wheel off to the side.

9625.jpg

This guy does not seem to work with my Pandora. Just to be clear, I should just be able to plug this guy into the USB port in the back and it should be up and running right? Do i need to configure some settings on the Pandora? The track ball works great on my little Ubuntu powered net book and can be plugged in and out with out any issue.

The power ratting of the track ball is 5V at 100mA, is that too much of a power draw maybe? :blink:

If you have any ideas let me know please.

Thx a million.

Look up

ok right on, im sorry I didnt read that correctly before. It seems kind of odd to me, Im pretty sure this same mouse works fine with all the USB2.0 "jacks" on my other computers. I thought USB 2.0 would be backwards compatible with USB 1.0 1.1? Am I just totally out to lunch on that notion?

So if i want a mouse to work on the Pandora I have to get a USB hub, bummer, I might try to get a bluetooth track ball then.

Thx again for you all your help! :)

Read this. ;) Basically, the Pandora's USB 2.0 port doesn't have the extra chip that translates 1.0 and 1.1 stuff, which is why there's a requirement for using a hub between such devices.

I seem to recall that once upon a time, there were some who insisted that we all needed to grow up and deal with the "fact" that nobody would encounter any problems with the lack of labelling of the USB 2.0-only aspect. Of course, it's turned out to be one of the most frequent issues that arises - who would've thought it? :lol:

Read this. ;) Basically, the Pandora's USB 2.0 port doesn't have the extra chip that translates 1.0 and 1.1 stuff, which is why there's a requirement for using a hub between such devices.

I seem to recall that once upon a time, there were some who insisted that we all needed to grow up and deal with the "fact" that nobody would encounter any problems with the lack of labelling of the USB 2.0-only aspect. Of course, it's turned out to be one of the most frequent issues that arises - who would've thought it? :lol:

Thx a million that cleans it all up. bummer about the track ball but, hey thems the breaks right :lol:

Back