Which Gaming Websites Do You Use?

Website
Visit site
I used to buy Edge and then GamesTM, but am way too tight to pay for gaming journalism now, so I use websites instead. I used to read Gamestop mostly, but recently discovered the joys of Eurogamer.net, which is immense for free quality reviews- they gave Okami a 10 :)

I also read Joystiq when I am bored.

Can anyone else recommend good websites for reviews and news. Also, what about good blogs? Preferably, in the Edge vein- ie- a bit more mature orientated than IGN.

I'll tell you what site NOT to use; Gamespot, mainly because of it's biast and rediculous ideas, but also because Angel goes there.

Euro Gamer is an excellent site, they write great reviews!

Joystiq mostly (and its console-specific blogs--DS fanboy, etc) and DS-x2. Sometimes look at Gamespot. Speaking of which, in what direction is Gamespot biased exactly...? My complaint about them is they're just too mainstream and generalized with what they cover.

Honestly, I haven't found a really good gaming news site yet...

declaration posted on Feb 17 2007 at 11:35 PM said:
I used to buy Edge and then GamesTM, but am way too tight to pay for gaming journalism now, so I use websites instead. I used to read Gamestop mostly, but recently discovered the joys of Eurogamer.net, which is immense for free quality reviews- they gave Okami a 10 :)

Can anyone else recommend good websites for reviews and news. Also, what about good blogs? Preferably, in the Edge vein- ie- a bit more mature orientated than IGN.

gamestm is an excellent magazine, I wish we had this in Switzerland too, save your money for a subscription, reading a magazine is a different life quality compared to reading reviews on the web imo

Last edited by a moderator:
icurafu posted on Feb 18 2007 at 11:26 AM said:
ign, for the content. But I think there is better.

I use gamershell for downloading game trailers and demos, but it's starting to lack.

some of the reviews on IGN are just plain awfull... i read one a while ago for one of the need for speed games (i forget which) it was full of spelling mistakes and errors, even some factual errors about previous games in the series, i dont know if they get paid for doing those reviews but surely they should be checked before they get posted on the main website...

ah a quick glance through my logs (not hard to find ign sites i dont go on them much) and here is the review in question : http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/742/742381p1.html bad bad bad....

chaos engineer posted on Feb 18 2007 at 11:40 AM said:
declaration posted on Feb 17 2007 at 11:35 PM said:

gamestm is an excellent magazine, I wish we had this in Switzerland too, save your money for a subscription, reading a magazine is a different life quality compared to reading reviews on the web imo
Magazines are better in some ways and great for journeys, but the news is so often well out of date, you have to wait for reviews, and they are expensive for decent titles (Edge = £4.50, GamesTM = £4.00).

Eurogamer is just as good as Edge in my opinion and a little less pretentious.

I got a Retro Gamer subscription, really nice, but in gamesTM there is a fine retro section too. gamesTM and Retro Gamer are from the same publisher, sometimes they put identical articles in both magazines, what seems to be a bit shady, nonetheless these mags are really good.

Back