Which Music Player Do You Use?

What software do you use to play your digital music collection?

• Kazaa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XMMS

• Musicmatch Jukebox

• Winamp

• Windows Media Player

• iTunes

• Quicktime Player

• Other (state what you use below)

• Total voters

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
Just wondered what music player you guys use most. I've been using winamp for years but recently changed to check out iTunes (which is good but a bit slow on this shit pc).

Vote away and remind me which obvious good players I forgot :p.

I had 98 up till the other day. 2000 is only like 300 megs :D (obviously unrelated to why I suddenly have 2000 on my pc :S).

Winamp should still work on yours though. You could always use the older version, that's still good.

Windows media player, because winamp is slow and annoying. Plus I rarely listen to music on my computer.

Itunes on my new XP PC. With Windows 98 I just used Winamp.

itunes.jpg

It just looks out of place to have anything but Itunes with my Mac theme. ;)

Winamp 5.05 although need to find a better music juke box as i need more filters when i sort my music...

mattmagoo posted on Sep 14 2004 at 07:30 PM said:
I use WMP

so Winamp3 doesnt even work

winamp 3.0 was a pile of steaming cack.. 5 seems fine though..

OTT anyone know how you get winamp play in your sig.. had a go at one but for the life of me i couldn't get it to work.. my website has php enabled... anyone know of a fool proof one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows Media Player, I never could get used to playlists so I always used Jukebox-like players to organise my music. I used Real Jukebox before but when I switched to XP it wouldn't use all my speakers anymore (just the front-speakers) so I switched to WMP.

iTunes has a Browser that does the same thing + keyword search in real-time + 'Smart Playlists' (e.g. all songs where artist = 'Aesop Rock' and rating = 4 stars or more). It truly owns.

like Dozer, had just been using Winamp for years, but yesterday had to install iTunes for my girlfriends new iPod and I love it.

I have spent literally hours since then renaming songs and giving ratings etc.

Winamp 5.05, a blessing given the shite that was version 3.

I rarely listen to music on my computer though, as I don't have any MP3s, and I have a perfectly good CD player in this room.

Rico posted on Sep 14 2004 at 09:30 PM said:
iTunes has a Browser that does the same thing + keyword search in real-time + 'Smart Playlists' (e.g. all songs where artist = 'Aesop Rock' and rating = 4 stars or more). It truly owns.
I tried it but didn't feel the need to 'switch', I don't need a search function, playlists or ratings. I did think it's a bit slow compared to WMP. I'm not a MS fanboy but WMP does what I want it to do.

declaration posted on Sep 14 2004 at 09:41 PM said:
I have spent literally hours since then renaming songs and giving ratings etc.
Same here, I invested a large amount of time standardising everything to about five genres (basically so I could filter rock or rap), applying genres (so I can guarantee good music) and renaming songs (so artist and album filters work). It's really quite worthwhile for me. Especially since the data transfers to the iPod, playlists and all.

raven posted on Sep 14 2004 at 09:49 PM said:
I tried it but didn't feel the need to 'switch', I don't need a search function, playlists or ratings. I did think it's a bit slow compared to WMP. I'm not a MS fanboy but WMP does what I want it to do.
Well if you don't need it, agreed, iTunes isn't for you. It isn't for everyone, after all it's much more of a digital jukebox than WMP, which is just a slightly glorified version of the classic playlist.

LHC posted on Sep 14 2004 at 09:52 PM said:
I'm suprised so many people have so much love for iTunes. It's slow, ugly and huge.
See above.

J is no substitute for the iTunes search (click the arrow to limit your searching to artist/album/song/composer) because the results of the search become your playlist. J just Jumps around your entire collection.

I use iTunes at home for all my MP3s (and I have an iPod, hehe ;))

Otherwise I use DeliPlayer (some may remember it from the good old Amiga days...).

Pretty cool God Mode to create your own designs :)

Plays every Amiga tune as well :)

http://www.deliplayer.com/

Rico posted on Sep 14 2004 at 10:03 PM said:
Well if you don't need it, agreed, iTunes isn't for you. It isn't for everyone, after all it's much more of a digital jukebox than WMP, which is just a slightly glorified version of the classic playlist.
I mostly play my music by album because most albums have been recorded in a certain order for a reason and IMO sound better that way, so I don't feel the need to organise my music by anything else than artist, album and track.
I'm just using my computer as a cd-player with all music built-in, I navigate the old-fashioned way with a remote-control :)

Dozer: WMP is Windows Media Player, I don't use Winamp

Back