Who Thinks They Should Bring Back These Cartoons?

Ganepark32

Suit Up!
Website
Visit site
Nowadays, children are subjected to the blandest tripe i've ever seen in the form of cartoons. Back when I was Young, I had Bucky O'hare, Thundercats, Biker Mice from Mars and Samurai Pizza Cats. I doubt I'm the only one who would like to see them come back. So whats ur opinion on this?

saber rider, galaxy rangers, bravestarr, new spiderman (the old new one from the 80s), turtles, etc..

this stuff? :) i totally agree with you. the new ones are all made with computers which sucks - no real drawing involved anymore. that's why i hate every new anime as well.

Actually the original Loony Tunes beat them all. My boyfriend and I have quite a collection of them too! In fact I made a little choperama of some of the daft bits and stuck it on YouTube. Take a look if you like HERE.
:lol:

Addition:
Don't forget about Dangermouse, Pixie and Dixie, Dastardly and Mutley, Wacky Races, The Hair Bear Bunch, Scooby Doo, The Pink Panther, Tom & Jerry, Trap Door (Not exactly cartoon but animation), Top Cat, The Jetsons, The Fintstones and last but not least, it's not in the least bit animated but the best of all kiddies programs is The Muppet Show :)

Last edited by a moderator:
saber rider, galaxy rangers, bravestarr, new spiderman (the old new one from the 80s), turtles, etc..

this stuff? :) i totally agree with you. the new ones are all made with computers which sucks - no real drawing involved anymore. that's why i hate every new anime as well.

The quality of shows Ive seen recently for kids are just attrocious. Heres a list of favorites over the years. Some obscure some not. Some of which maybe never made it to your side of the pond.

From the US:

60's
Looney Tunes
Spiderman
Rocket Robinhood
Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse
Mighty Mouse
Wonder Dog

70's
Space Ghost/Herculoids
Animaniacs
Muhamed Ali and Godzilla Power Hour
Rocky and Bulwinkle
Mighty Mouse
Superfriends

80's
Dungeons and Dragons
Kid Video
Thundarr the Barbarian
The Amazing Spider Friends
Galaxy Rangers
Voltron
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers G1

90's
Transformers G2
Gargoyles
Biker Mice From Mars
X-men

Anyone seen Lazy Town? It's ridiculous.

I agree, the only thing worth watching on the toon channel is Futurama (but I suppose that ain't for kids, for some reason)- other than that, all trash. It goes in parallel with every other form of modern entertainment, so no surprise here. I blame the rise of anime, that cheap silly shit lowered the industry's standards.

I too remember Biker Mice from Mars, I still have a Vinnie action figure lying somewhere on my desk :lol: I loved that show...

- Alex

"blame the rise of anime, that cheap silly shit lowered the industry's standards."

alex the problem is that the quality of these anime is decreasing even faster than that of western cartoons... look at commercial shit like pokemon, digimon or yugi-oh. it's all about merchandise. and then watch something like neon genesis evangelion, cowboy bebop or trigun. these anime deliver something far deeper than any western cartoon series ever has. high quality! really. even dragonball and the beginning of dbz was quality stuff, but then again they did dragonball gt which is just ridicoulus.

the main problem (be it anime or not) is that that trash is cheaper to produce and people still buy it. why? because there are no alternatives anymore. damn tv stations.

...but on the seventh day god didn't rest, he invented the dvd player and he saw that it was good!

i try to buy every series i like on dvd and those that are not available on dvd i will download using well known p2p programs!

and yes futurama is first class, but only with the original english dub.

the problem is that the quality of these anime is decreasing even faster than that of western cartoons... look at commercial shit like pokemon, digimon or yugi-oh. it's all about merchandise.
I think trash like that has been around for a loong while, did you ever see Marine Boy or Battle of the Planets? Both quite dire.

Honestly, you guys are all just romanticizing older children's cartoons. If you've ever gone back and watched most of those shows now you'd know they're only slightly less terrible than the crap that kids are watching now.

There needs to be more South Park love here, people.

I can't believe that no one's mentioned the complete perfection of cartoons that was Sport Billy :D

There's still a couple of good one's out that I normally end up watching with my nieces..
Kim Possible, Recess & American Dragon all make me LMAO.

@ Alex- Family guy is the only addition I would make to Futurama (which is the shit by the way)
I agree, although after the 3rd-4th season they began basing most of their humor solely on vulgarities. But yeah, I'm super-excited about Comedy Central's new 2008 Futurama episodes, I hope they'll live up to their previous standards, unlike the newer Simpsons episodes...

How could anyone not like it? :lol:

- Alex

Loved the intro to Samuari Pizza cats (Which tend to be te most emorable bit of most of these cartoons by me... not by choice, lol)
LazyTown is crazy what I've seen of it (which is admitedly not much - "The Pirate Song" and an episode dubbed in Spanish while I was visting my mum in Spain.) That been said I don't think it is trash because it seems to encourage kids to burn off their excess energy by dancing fixated in front of the TV... O_O Which is better than dancing aimlessly around the entire house!
Remember Trap Door (again theme tune is the thing I remember the most) and I need to borrowthe DVDs off a friend.

There are lots that I remember watching, but I don't think anyone has mentioned the original Teenage Mutant Hero/Ninja Turtles (It was Hero here in the UK for some silly reason...)

I would also concur that the kds TV nowadays is mostly crap with no real character.

its was hero turtles in germany too and was changed back to ninja later... dunno why lol
and i mentioned them :p first class

and: WTF new futurama episodes? are you sure?

Back