Why Did You Get A Gp2x?

FQ22

Still Fresh
What made you get a GP2X?

EDIT: This was suppose to be a poll so here are your choices....

1. Emulation

2. Homebrew

3. Commercial Games

4. Music

5. Video/Photo

6. Devolpment

7. All of The Above

I've always wanted perfect Amiga ever since the GP32... and now we have as close as we have ever got to it. I'm really loving it.

a bit of all that really and it is a fast developing scene with things that with the specs given could never be achived :)

Because all you Amiga fanbois needed to be put in your place, so OutcaST had to be made! =) (And thanks to everyone, who in fact chipped in to get me a gp2x. Prophet ftw!)

jeff

Amiga! I've never played an Amiga and the emulator on GP2X is so diffecult that I couldn't figure out how to run it :ph34r: :unsure:

I love my sega nomad, but its just like a big black brick and that's not portable, so i have my gp2x to play alien soldier and gunstar heroes on the go.

I got it for a few reasons- To play emulators and watch movies, and for the development scene. I really like the community here and that you get to talk to the devs and give them feedback on their projects. I also find that it is a good way to learn too. Basically, I find that having a GP2X is a great way to further my dev skills, because anything that you release will almost definitely be used and you'll get feedback on it :)

I got mine for emulation, mainly. I went to Lik Sang to get a GP32 and saw the pre-release info for the GP2X so I pre-ordered one. It's gone so far beyond my initial expectations... emulation is great but it turned out to be just the tip of the iceberg.

I bought it for a little bit of gaming / watching videos and mainly for development. I've never regretted buying one. I really learned a lot about linux, kernel, cross compiling, programming in c/c++, hw registers, sdl, ...

Back