Why No Pandora on Amazon/Ebay?

dibad0011

Still Fresh
The title is very obvious. Would't be better (for Evildragon and Craig) to sell Pandora Consoles through Amazon/Ebay?. (I'm not implying the current way of selling is bad).

Using Amazon/Ebay would get some advantages such as:

-Many more people (potential customers) will know about the existance of the console.

-Easier and faster transactions.

-Positive Seller and customer reviews.

I'm not taking these advantages for granted or to be 100% true. In my case I prefer most of the time to buy an article (like a watch) from Amazon than from the seller's webpage. somehow It feels more secure and easier.(Can not state the same for Ebay).

I would think using Amazon/Ebay wasn't good in the past when production had issues and shortcomings but know that everything is "Ok" it would be good using Amazon/Ebay as distribution alternatives.

Probably amazon only takes large quantities of product which openpandora would have to meet.Craig has sold several pandoras on e-bay before to cover costs etc.

I noticed a few Pandoras on ebay a few weeks ago when I did a quick search, but as already stated selling directly through a shop on ebay requires fees that are just a waste to be honest. Selling fees, listing fees, hell you have to pay a fee for each picture of the product you put up!

Selling a (560USD shipped) Pandora on ebay costs 29USD. You also pay 0.3-0.5USD+2-4% for accepting the money through Paypal. It's a wise choice not to use registered air mail for items over 250USD (scammers around). DHL would come handy for ED but it would push the final price up by 20-50USD.

(Ebay fees and conditions were better 5-7 years ago.)

The Amazon marketplace might be a good option for Pandora sales, don't know how much they siphon off in fees though, however this would only work if items were sold from stock, the reviews can be pretty brutal if shipping is delayed by more than a week or so.

I tried to do this with Amazon, but as far as I remember you could either only sell items they already have somewhere in their inventory or need to get an EAN number first.

I might do that for all my products though.

I was considering Ebay, was a Powerseller back in the day. The fees suck, then PayPal etc as mentioned above.

And don't buy the Open Pandora SD card listed there by that crook offering "services".

Crook... That's a great word that I've not used or heard in a while :)

People (including myself) expect the item to ship right away when purchasing on ebay/amazon. No one wants to fork over $500+ on anything and be told they have to wait 1-4 years to get their expensive new product in hand.

A big Problem is: If you see a Pandora on Amazon Marketplace, you dont folow the Link to the Homepage usaly, or the Board, you dont want what the Pandora is or what you may expekt from the Handheld, you only see a nice little PC, whit Controllers,

Not the History beneath the device..

Aktually, you see the link to the Pandora Homepage on Internetblogs etc, you can search for Infos what the Pandora is on the Boards, and ask "it this a Device for me?? i have these preverenzes for the Pandora.."

There isnt a Problem to sell the Pandora, but a Problem to have enought Money to make Units for the Preorderers..

People (including myself) expect the item to ship right away when purchasing on ebay/amazon. No one wants to fork over $500+ on anything and be told they have to wait 1-4 years to get their expensive new product in hand.

Well, the Pandora IS available from stock for a while now, no need to wait.

We're still working on fulfilling old preorders, but the possibility to buy it from stock which immediate shipping is nothing new anymore.

A big Problem is: If you see a Pandora on Amazon Marketplace, you dont folow the Link to the Homepage usaly, or the Board, you dont want what the Pandora is or what you may expekt from the Handheld, you only see a nice little PC, whit Controllers, Not the History beneath the device..

If the Pandora was available on Amazon Marketplace it would be in addition to it being available from current outlets.

My suspicion is that if it was made available on Amazon one or two community members would add rather favourable reviews.

Back