Wifi is turned on after update

antisol

Hi,

I just upgraded Pandora OS for the first time in many months (probably about 6 months but I'm not sure). The update went OK. It spat out some messages about removing obsolete files in /lib/modules. Unfortunately I didn't save the log, I chose the 'reboot' option at the end of the upgrade without thinking about it.

After rebooting, everything works OK, but whenever I reboot the wifi is turned on by default. I can turn it off and all seems OK, but I'd like to change it so that wifi is off by default and I have to turn it on.

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks! :)

It is a known bug from going from version 1.52 or earlier to current. You can either do a full reflash to SZ 1.71 or plug in a USB ethernet or wifi adapter and run the Upgrade OS tool again to pick up the fix.

Sorry on my phone and in a rush, I usually put links to the full reflash.

Edit: blah realized this wasn't about the wifi being broken after update issue..

Last edited by a moderator:
It happened to me after a full reflash followed by an upgrade with the Upgrade OS tool. 

On mine it's in Settings -> Startup -> Enable/disable services on boot. (But I haven't updated my OS recently.)

On mine it's in Settings -> Startup -> Enable/disable services on boot. (But I haven't updated my OS recently.)
Yeah this is a recent update thing, caused by updated wifi package that reconfigures init script and the fact that ED hacked in original wifi disable into first run wizard.You have to do the above now after update.

Back